Brown and Caldwell has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Marketing/Proposal Specialist in our growth-oriented engineering, environmental consulting, and construction firm. The position is ideal for candidates with a passion for strategic business development, compelling writing, and creative thinking. We are looking for candidates who are self-driven, efficient with deadlines, and able to work effectively with diverse teams of engineers, marketers, and design staff to create persuasive content and standout deliverables. The successful candidate will partner and work closely with senior marketing and sales leaders on tracking opportunities and developing strategies to capture work in competitive markets; creating persuasive proposals, presentations, and marketing materials; and maintaining systems and tools to promote overall efficiency and effectiveness. The position provides a variety of sales and marketing support functions as outlined below.
The Marketing/Proposal Specialist supports sales / marketing and business development efforts, including strategic client development, proposal tracking; creation of persuasive proposals, presentations, and marketing materials; article writing; team development and training; and maintenance of systems and tools to promote overall efficiency and effectiveness. Marketing/Proposal Specialists work closely with senior leaders including Senior Marketing Specialists, Marketing Manager(s), and Senior Technical Staff. Primary responsibilities include:
- Proposal / Presentation Development: Partner with pursuit teams on pursuits for municipal clients to advance our positioning and deliver proposals that resonate with our clients. Responsibilities include coordinating all elements of pursuits: strategy development, messaging, formatting, proofreading, coordination with graphics, editing/review, compliance, brand adherence, and efficient and timely production.
- Client Development: Provides general business development support to facilitate client development by client service managers, including assembling information packages, connecting CSMs to other clients, experts, and opportunities within the organization, organizing client workshops and special events, and maintaining marketing files. Work with Client Service Managers to understand and respond to client needs, meetings and events.
- Business Development: Contributes to company marketing process improvements to support efficiency and overall sales program effectiveness. Provides planning support for key conferences to maximize presence and investment.
- Marketing Information: Manages process to create and maintain well-organized, up-to-date qualifications statements, project descriptions, and resumes that reflect firm strengths and client benefits. Provides timely entry of accurate and complete opportunity information and products in company tracking system.
- Market Sector and Service Line Development: Coordinate with other marketers and senior technical staff to implement market sector and service line initiatives. Support events, communications, and branding efforts to enhance BC’s position in the market.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Communications, English, Journalism, or Marketing preferred) with 5+ years of experience in a related role. Experience in engineering, environmental, architectural, and/or construction field is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with emphasis on superior persuasive writing and presentation ability. Experience coaching others in interviews/presentations preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as in team environments, often under tight deadline situations.
- Highly skilled in persuasive writing.
- Ability to identify key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data.
- Proficient Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- InDesign experience preferred.
- Regional travel up to 25%
Salary Range:Theanticipatedstarting payrange for this position is based on the employee’s primary work location and maybemore or less,dependingupon skills, experience,and education. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Location A: $26.30 - $36.10
Location B: $28.90 - $39.70
Location C: $31.60 - $43.30
You can view which BC location applies to you here. If you have any questions, please speak with your Recruiter.
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 2,000 professionals across North America and the Pacific. For 75 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.