Join Cerebral Staffing, LLC on site at our client John Deere in Waterloo, IA as a Manufacturing Engineer!
Location: Waterloo, IA
Duration of Role: Three Years Plus
Pay: $37.10 - $46.50 /Hour
Hours: 1st shift position with overtime possible (7 am to 3:30 pm), must be open to working 3rd shift if the need arises (based on build schedules, short durations 2-3 months at a time)
Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
- Provides support and troubleshooting for current operations. Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
- Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
- Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
- Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System of moderate scope. Designs operations layouts. Improves material flow and material presentation.
- Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
- Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing, incentive pay systems, and Ergonomics.
- Knowledge of capital budgeting and capital equipment justification process
- Background in Engineering (manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.)
- Effective communication, problem-solving skills, and experience working on a team.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel experience
- 2+ years experience in one or more related areas: Manufacturing Engineering, Material Flow, Operations, Product Design, Supply Management, or Quality
- 1+ years experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools
- Experience working with Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP)
- Experience with SAP, Creo-view, AutoCAD, and MAAP
- Demonstrated Project Management abilities
- Proven record of continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology Discipline or equivalent related work experience
Business casual dress code, will need metatarsals for first day. This position could travel to other Waterloo facilities for training. Potential for worker to drive Gator after successfully completing training.
This position is eligible for incremental, progressive bonuses at every 90 days for the first year on assignment. Bonuses are forfeited for those who do not complete their assignments or end assignments early. Subject to review.
From small companies to major corporations, our boutique staffing agency is in the business of connecting people – and we never forget it. That’s what makes us Cerebral.