The Talent Development Manager will lead our highly distinguished Accelerated Development Program (ADP), RDC EiC initiatives programs, and the RDC Leadership Development efforts. Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, this person will design and deliver processes and strategy towards our enterprise approach for talent development. In addition, the Talent Development Manager will drive the recruitment, branding, rotational planning, and off-placement collaboration for all Talent Development EiC programs. This leader must be able to demonstrate through role modeling a growth mindset and agile ways of working.
- Responsible for hiring talent into the organization, establishing development and rotational goals in partnership with the rotation leads and ensuring all talent are meeting both goals and development objectives.
- Facilitator and overall content manager for the Accelerated Development Program (ADP), including the execution of a robust orientation and onboarding experience and all continuing cohort development
- Oversee development of Rotation Leaders and Mentors for Talent Development programs
- Partners with multiple stakeholders to assess the needs, develop, implement, and measure the success of Leadership Development learning experiences (programs, tools, and training) for all levels of leadership across RDC.
- Providing coaching and feedback to employees to support their development journey at Roche. Ensuring clear vision and goals are set, providing constructive feedback and helping them to navigate their career pathway at Roche.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic training initiatives for Roche Leaders that have high business impact. Identifies and implements projects and programs to build the skills and performance of leaders to meet the organization's current and future needs.
- Drive local and national partnerships with key external stakeholders and organizations (e.g. universities, colleges, trade institutions, non-profit organizations) to support our overall Early-in-Career (EiC) strategy
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in the talent development domain, including internal and external best practices and adopt for the enterprise as appropriate
- Define talent analytics metrics; establish KPIs to measure impact and ROI and adjust strategy based on insights
- Partner with BRGs Leaders and CDO to help drive a diverse and inclusive environment to broaden the talent funnel by attracting and retaining a diverse workforce reflective of society
- Ensure that annual operating budgets for and related to the talent development programs are managed effectively
- Position Roche as a corporate socially responsible citizen and develop strategic partnerships (i.e. EmployIndy and Ascend) that create access to paid work-based learning opportunities (like Modern Apprenticeship and MEPI) to underrepresented and marginalized populations.
- Understand reporting compliance with the Indiana Department of Labor's Youth Employment System (YES) to track and monitor all minor-employees
- Participate on panel discussions and engage with internal and external stakeholders on Talent Development programs and its contribution toward an integrated workforce strategy
- Partner with Talent Acquisition for all Early in Career recruitment activities as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or related field
- 6+ years related business experience, at least 2 years of direct people management
- 2+ years of development program ownership and management
- Prior responsibility for partnering and influencing at the executive level internally and externally
- Exceptional organizational skills, at ease with ambiguity, ability to deal with high complexity situations, comfortable with a high level of detail yet mindful of the bigger picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including large and small group facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of program development and maintain an entrepreneurial/ innovative mindset
- Strong data analytical ability to translate data into meaningful and actionable insights, and develop strategy based on those insights
- Proven track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies and delivering significant impact
- MBA strongly preferred
- 2+ years of adult learning instructional program design
- 5 years of previous training experience or related people management experience
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a global leader in healthcare, Roche Diagnostics offers a broad portfolio of products, tools and services that help in the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases like HPV, HIV, hepatitis and diabetes as well as other medical conditions, such as fertility and blood coagulation. These products and services are used by researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals and laboratories worldwide to help improve people's lives.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with customer requirements, the company's health and safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.