Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.Responsibilities
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Manager, Operations Strategy. The Manager, Operations Strategy is responsible for driving continuous process improvement in Sysmex Americas. This position works cross-functionally to identify opportunities to reduce resource constraints through the use of existing systems. This position develops strategies to reduce the manual burden of existing processes, reduce cost of operations, and enhance the quality of our processes. The Manager, Operations Strategy implements strategies and tactics to continue Sysmexs leadership in operational performance and innovation while supporting market share growth and improving profitability. The Manager is responsible for managing systems and data used by the Procurement, Transportation, and Facilities groups to optimize performance of suppliers, manage contract categories, and track high value/frequency expenditures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Percentage of Travel: 5%
Physical Demands. Light physical effort. Routine handling of objects up to 20 pounds; prolonged (at least 50% of time) sitting, standing, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
Individual Education & Training Required for Position: Training required for this position is defined and governed in accordance to COP-0013 Associate Training and will be assigned in the LMS.
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field; MBA or other advanced applicable degree desired. 5-7 years of experience required; Procurement, Operations, and / or Finance experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills with excellent written and oral presentation capabilities. Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and results-oriented. English a requirement with Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Power BI/ThinkCell/ Tableau.
- SQL skills desired.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Strong Vizio (or other workflow visualization software) experience.
- Strong business acumen with broad knowledge of KPI's and dashboard reporting across the entire Operations spectrum.
- Strong financial skills including budgeting.
- Ability to lead both internal teams and external vendors working with a wide variety of people and levels.
- Collaborative skills, including strong communication ability, willingness and ability to work well with others, ability to influence others, and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment and work in cross-functional and international teams.
- Considerable skills in process improvement, business transformation, customer service, communication, leadership, problem solving and team building.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into measurable action and present projects to management for evaluation and prioritization.
- Ability to present complex processes in easy to understand terms to various cross functional stakeholders to receive approval and prioritization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, both large and small, with competing due dates and present status to management.
- Customer focused.
This job requires satisfaction of the credentialing requirements of Sysmexs customers, including hospitals and other healthcare facilities, which generally includes proof of current vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), and COVID-19. Further, Sysmexs COVID-19 vaccination policy, consistent with its status as a federal government contractor and commitment to its customers and to providing a safe workplace for its employees, requires that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, all Sysmex employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your start date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any offer of employment extended will be conditioned upon the individuals ability to provide proof of current vaccination status to the extent permitted by applicable law. Sysmex makes reasonable accommodations when needed for medical or religious reasons. However, vaccine exemption and other accommodation requests cannot be granted unless the individual is able, with the accommodation, to perform the essential functions of the job including working at customer locations.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.