Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Materials Manager schedules production using various prescribed sources of information in most cost effective, efficient manner with customer objectives as primary focus. Responsible for facilitating and coaching the Materials Associates.
- Ensures that all necessary materials are requisitioned using proper procedures from approved suppliers. Assures this is done in a timely fashion so that materials are always on hand when needed while working within facility capacity. Avoids excess inventories using Lean Manufacturing concepts. Utilizes procedures to guarantee best prices and services. Investigates and solves problems resulting from materials shortages, however caused.
- Ensures materials are properly received and accounted for using prescribed systems for paperwork flow and inspection. Responsible for storing materials using orderly, systematic methods to insure prompt location and accurate inventory. Locates, prepares, and stores materials for production.
- Ensures that all aspects of GMP's are followed to guarantee compliance.
- Scheduling of Outbound Transportation and coordinate with carriers
- Schedules plant production of finished goods in most efficient, cost-effective manner considering plant layout and capacity. Uses proper demand information based on customer orders, sales projections and historical data for determining the above.
- Ensures that all finished goods are properly stored and accounted for using the warehouse management system. Ensures that finished goods can be located in an effective, labor-efficient manner to insure timely loading of orders and trucks. Manages warehouse in a manner that allows timely accurate inventory of all goods. Manages flow of raw materials and finished goods from outside facilities under our direction. Conducts physical inventories.
- Directs operation of shipping and receiving departments and guides Materials Associates in the performance of their duties.
- Ensures that all orders are processed, loads are assembled and arrangements are made to ship all orders and loads in most efficient, cost-effective manner with proper consideration and compliance with all customer service commitments.
- Oversee timely, efficient utilization of R.I.C.H. Ensures interaction between Corporate Order Entry, Customer Service and all sources of carriers.
- Ensures Company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving teams.
- Develops, establishes, and provides for the maintenance of reporting systems that relates to the materials function.
- Keeps abreast of materials, markets, and materials pricing trends that affect Company products.
- Ensures a smooth transition of conversion activities between shifts.
- Ensures that all GMP and safety standards are in compliance.
- Adapts Shipping and Receiving Teams to changing conditions (equipment bread-downs, freezer space availability, manpower availability, etc.)
- Reviews the temporary manning needs of each department for the following day or week and arranges for the presence and assignment of temporary or regular labor to the applicable departments prior to line start up.
- Follows up on work, sanitation and safety work orders
- Conducts weekly GMP, sanitation and safety inspections throughout the shipping and receiving departments and corrects or issues work orders to correct any identified deficiencies.
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery.
- Establishes and maintains purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors. Keeps informed on legal matters affecting purchasing policies.
- Performs other duties and handles special projects from time to time as assigned by Plant Manager.
- BA in Business or a management related field.
- Three (3) to (5) years experience in Warehouse Management
- (3) years experience in Production and/or Inventory Control
- Three (3) years experience in Purchasing
- Two (2) years experience Customer Service.
- Experience with SAP/Oracle
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Direct experience in supervising management, clerical and hourly associates is necessary.
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of all warehouse and freezer operations, Purchasing, and Production Scheduling.
- Awareness of current FDA and GMP regulations, and understanding of Traffic and dispatching techniques are needed.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.