Our Client, Provides health insurance for low-income individuals, is seeking an Manager, Information Security Engineering and Architecture
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: IT Full Time
The Manager, Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering and Architecture reports to the Information Security Officer, and is responsible for leading a team of Security Engineers in managing InfoSec's Engineering and Architecture (ISEA) responsibilities. This position manages all aspects of running an efficient team, including hiring, supervising, coaching, training, disciplining, and motivating direct-reports.
The Manager, InfoSec Engineering and Architecture is the primary conduit between the Engineering and Architecture Engineers, InfoSec Governance Risk and Compliance, the Cyber Defense Operations Center (CDOC), and the various departments and technical teams within Information Technology (I.T).
- Plans, direct, and manage day-to-day activities of the InfoSec Engineering team.
- Drives timely implementation and improvement of new and existing InfoSec tools across all teams within the CDOC.
- Accountable for the timely implementation and enforcement of developed security plans and standards designed to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization’s and member’s data .
- Accountable for the implementation and enforcement of designed security architectures to protect Company information assets.
- Ensures developed solutions and technologies are implemented following security engineering best practices.
- Accountable for identifying attack vectors against the organization and developing strategies to reduce the probability of occurrence.
- Designs, builds, tests and implements security systems within I.T. Network.
- Responsible for conducting regular system tests and ensures the continuous monitoring of the network's security.
- Develops security integration plans to protect existing infrastructure and to incorporate future solutions.
- Validates continual improvement and technical advances. .
- Provides customers with remediation recommendations.
- Strong understanding of networking and communication protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS, IPSEC, HTTP/S, etc.).
- Exceptional operational rigor with extensive real-world experience engineering security solutions based on security engineering best practices.
- Strong understanding and experience in implementing frameworks from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), ISO, HIPAA, HITRUST, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects in an effective manner
- Must possess a strong service mindset
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Licenses/Certifications Required
- Licenses/Certifications Preferred
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Required Training
- At least 7 years of experience leading comparable information security or technology teams with at least 4-5 years of management/ supervisory experience.
- Operational experience configuring and managing InfoSec tool suites.
- Operational experience engineering security best practices in cloud computing (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) and SaaS environments.
- Experience in providing leadership and direction to a team of senior InfoSec engineers.
- Operational experience managing in a regulated environment (e.g., classified networks, healthcare, finance, banking, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree
- In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology or Cyber Security
Salary Range: $135,136 - $216,218
Education: Employment Type: ["FULL_TIME"]