Are you compassionate about animals? Do you want to work for an organization with a great cause?
Humane Society of Broward County is looking for detail-oriented Maintenance Technician with a strong work ethic to help fulfill our mission of "Advocating for and improving lives of animals by providing adoptions, community services, and education.
This position requires weekend availability.
Job Summary: Maintains the building and assists in preparing the shelter's daily and special activities.
Job Type: This is a full-time, onsite position.
Compensation: Varies based on experience. Starting at $12/hr
- Operates and maintains the crematorium.
- Transports waste material to the dumpster.
- Repairs and maintains building as needed.
- May repair and maintain company equipment to keep in proper operating condition.
- Transports equipment upon request.
- Sets up for special events as well as takes down, moves and erects benches, tables, seats and chairs or equipment as needed.
- Keeps premises in clean and orderly condition, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing floors, washing windows, walls and painting.
- Performs miscellaneous pick-up and delivery of items or errands as required using the company vehicle.
- Reports any malfunctions of equipment or safety and security concerns to the Shelter Services Manager and/or management team.
- Exercises care and safety in use of equipment and tools required to complete assigned tasks and knowledge of safety rules and regulations prescribed by the company.
- May perform semi-skilled carpentry, masonry, painting, plumbing and landscaping tasks and general maintenance of company buildings, equipment and property; may work as a helper to a skilled trades worker.
- Maintains a professional and cordial working attitude.
- Some experience in ground maintenance, landscape maintenance, handy-man work, construction and repair work or other appropriate field as it relates to the position.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills will be considered.
- Possess a valid FL driver's license with a good driving record.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Benefits for FT employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (100% employer sponsored plans available)
- 15k Life Insurance Policy (100% employer sponsored)
- Paid Time Off (PTO): sick days, personal days, vacation time and floating holidays.
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- HSBC Employee Perks (free or discounted shelter services and programs)
- Employee Discount Program
- Free Legal Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer match (after 1 year of employment)
- Voluntary supplementary benefits
In a continued effort to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community members, all Humane Society of Broward County employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. New employees will be required to provide proof of their status upon hire or have an approved exemption.