Purpose: The Maintenance Team maintains all buildings, equipment, piping, process, process automation, and electrical systems for the entire plant, office, lab, and grounds. This includes preventative maintenance activities, troubleshooting and debugging activities, reactive maintenance activities, and project work. This is an hourly position on all three (3) shifts, as outlined in the Agreement between Akzo Nobel Coatings, Inc. Columbus and Teamsters Union Local No. 284.
- Repair or rebuild mechanical and electrical equipment.
- React to and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Operate plant utility systems including fire alarm, boilers, nitrogen, air compressors, oxidizer, etc .
- Perform preventative maintenance items including but not limited to lubrication, belt adjustments,
- periodic testing, and replacements.
- Design and build special projects.
- Interact with and assist construction contractors during interfaces with plant systems.
- Interact with suppliers to order equipment and debug equipment.
- Schedules and interacts with various external service suppliers and service people on maintenance contracts including but not limited to the air compressors, fire alarm system, boilers, lift trucks, plant scales, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Pollution Prevention Team.,
- Minimum High School Education or equivalent.
- Must pass Company Maintenance Aptitude test.
- Open to spend at least six (6) months training prior to moving to assigned shift.
- Comply with all Company, Health, and Safety Policies.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and remain in awkward positions for extended periods of time.
- Must have good eyesight and hearing.
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment, as required by law or company policy.
- Must be able to comprehend, and act upon, all job directives, delivered in English verbally or written.