Handyman - Commercial – (General Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing)
The Facility Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facilities according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the customer’s business goals and objectives. We are looking for candidates with excellent attitudes and someone who is willing to take care of the customer. We furnish a company vehicle, all fuel, vehicle maintenance, and a company Phone. We offer paid vacations, sick days, paid holidays, and have voluntary plans in health insurance and ancillary insurance. If you are passionate about what you do and looking for a job then we want to talk to you.
· Perform diversified duties to install and maintain facilities.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to facilities and scheduled maintenance repairs of facilities.
· Perform service repair duties and responsibilities.
· Perform service skills including, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, troubleshooting and repair of facilities.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on facilities.
· Perform a variety of electrical, plumbing, carpentry maintenance functions.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Be able to effectively communicate and use phones (phones company provided)
· Must be able to use apps in phone (phones company provided)
· Must be able to turn in all applicable paperwork for each work order (ie. before and after photos, signed and stamped work orders, etc.)
· Have good attendance habits
- Have availability for work
- Be able to drive service to service
· Technical Capacity.
· Ethical Conduct.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Results Driven.
· Good Attendance Habits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office, warehouse, outdoor, and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. There is On-Call Duty on scheduled rotations.
Travel is expected for this position. (Must have a valid updated driver license) (Must be able to drive). (Must also be able to be insurable by ACS's auto insurance company.)
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
2+ years of Commercial Experience in plumbing, carpentry, handyman, electrical
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
You must possess a strong background at least two of the following skill sets:
Plumbing, Electrical, Drywall Repairs, Painting, Flooring, Carpentry, Locks
You must furnish your own hand tools and must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
As an equal opportunity employer, ACS Commercial Services, L.L.C. does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, military status, disability, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, ACS Commercial Services, L.L.C. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time