We are currently seeking a Level 4 Data Center Technician to join our client’s team onsite in Rio Rancho, NM.
Scope of Activity and Responsibilities:
- Provide desktop / laptop repair and troubleshooting
- Provide support including performing administration tasks, troubleshooting hardware systems, managing enhancements / upgrades to Lab / data center system (physical racking and stacking activities), and installing server systems and related components such as networking and storage equipment
- Develop and maintain system documentation for Lab / Data Center configuration and customizations
- Conduct system health analysis and recommend performance improvements in collaboration with Architects, Engineers, and Network Engineers to ensure system efficiency
- Maintain a safe lab environment with strict inventory control processes
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 to 5+ years of experience with Data Center hardware
- Knowledge of server / computer diagnostics and installation, to include hardware / software troubleshooting and networking
- Demonstrated experience installing server systems and related components such as networking and storage equipment
- Familiarity with the operation and configuration of networking protocols, network card installation, switches, routers, and similar components
- Knowledge of data center power systems and cable management preferred
- Knowledge of IP-KVM and remote console products preferred
- Must be capable of lifting 1U and 2U rack mounted servers up to 35 pounds and familiar with the use of pallet jacks and general data center safety procedures
- Effective communication skills with ability to follow written instructions for hardware and software configurations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player but able to work independently
- Flexible, able to jump off a ticket to take care of an urgent matter
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that you can elect into including but not limited to: Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental), 401k, Basic Life/AD&D, Supplemental Insurances Plans, Paid Time Off Plan, Paid Holiday, Paid Sick Leave plan, FSA/HSA Pre-Tax Benefits, Employee Discounts.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.