Job Number: 22-06431
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provides leadership in the planning, execution, and management of strategic and operational Cyber Security services focused on infrastructure and technology-specific initiatives for client, including all service locations.
- Primarily responsible for overseeing the maintenance and protection of integrity and reliability of the security of networks, systems and data.
- Conducts or oversees Network Security and specific projects or initiatives by applying subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the subject area.
- Serve as the conduit for Cyber Security initiatives, client relations and related IT components and services
- Will work with Client IT, physicians, facilities, departments, and vendors to accomplish Cyber Security specific deliverables, procedures, policies, and initiatives to include:
- Develops and maintains Client Cyber Security policies, procedures, standards, and guidance consistent with Client and regulatory requirements.
- Consult with various business and support teams on designing, building, and maintaining network security.
- Ensuring applications and infrastructure services are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
- Define network security best practices and policies.
- Partners internally and externally to make effective business decisions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of network security applications, systems, and controls.
- Supports in the development of Client Cyber Security strategies at the direction of the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Develops Cyber Security policies, procedures, standards, and guidance consistent with Client and other state and federal requirements.
- Serves as an internal subject matter expert and thought leader related to Network Security.
- Designs, configures, deploys, and maintains network security technologies that support the security of information and systems, including but not limited to:
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Access Control
- Network Security
- Malware Prevention
- Data Loss Prevention
- Supports security operations in the response and resolution of high or critical cyber security incidents.
- Monitors, responds, remediates, and mitigates network security events and incidents.
- Supports Client Privacy and Compliance, Legal, Risk Management, HR, and Security (physical) departments in investigations related to the use of and activity on Client systems and applications.
- Gathers data, performs analysis, and shares findings as appropriate.
- May engage and/or interact with outside law enforcement as needed or required.
- Assists in developing procedures across Cyber Security and IT for Cyber Security use case planning, development, validation, and response.
- Identifies issues, areas for improvement, gaps, and provides suggestions for appropriate improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seven (7) years as a Network Engineer or Network Security Engineer.
- Strong technical acumen and experience leading the enablement of security solutions in the areas of virtualization, local-area networks, wireless networks and cloud-based technologies.
- In-depth and hands-on experience working with Network Security technologies, including firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, IPsec VPN, IP routing, and other security related technologies.
- Possess one or more advanced professional cyber security certifications.
- Good understanding of privacy and compliance standards.
- CISSP (or equivalent)
- Master's degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security, Cyber Forensics, Engineering, Business, or related technical field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Four (4) years' experience with Cyber Security operations.
- Four (4) years' experience translating business requirements and priorities into cyber security standards.
- Experience in a hospital or health care related organization of similar size and complexity.
- Incident response experience.
- Reverse malware engineering experience.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- Strong analytical, statistical, systems, technology, and cyber security knowledge.
- Experience with health care or regulatory mandates and information management.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required oral, written and presentation.
- Ability to effectively interact with multiple business units, partners, and external entities.
- Exceptional client service focus and/or ability.
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.