Job Description SummaryThe lead imaging engineer will have the opportunity to lead a dynamic team designing, implementing, and maintaining image analysis software used to ensure the quality of jet engine components. You will own the inspection software and make key design decisions to ensure component quality and software maintainability and sustainability. You will work with nondestructive testing modalities, (computed tomography, radiography, ultrasound) experts and materials engineers to define unacceptable conditions in images of jet engine components. Based on that understanding, you will work with other image analytics experts to create assisted defect recognition (ADR) algorithms to identify those conditions with high reliability. After validating the ADR algorithms, you will work with GE Aviation manufacturing plants to implement them for production hardware. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple NDE modalities and supply chain shops and expand the use of digital NDT data to increase operator productivity and decrease component cost.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute and act as leader for a software development team, providing guidance for the analysis/evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices, and procedures and the product/program requirements
- Programming using C/C++, scripting using Powershell, Python, Tcl language (or other similar), utilizing Avizo 3D analysis software
- Software performance optimization through algorithms and GPU development
- Apply appropriate regression testing methods to inspection software releases
- Identify need for technical and program reviews within the organization; lead and participate in the technical reviews with limited guidance from senior engineers
- Demonstrate ability to monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments as appropriate
- Assure excellent documentation of technical data or programs generated for the assigned projects and tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree accredited college or university (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or Mathematics preferred) and a minimum of 3 years in a relevant software development or software engineering position experience
- OR a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in in a relevant software development or software engineering position experience)
Desired Characteristics and Experience
- Image processing experience; Rhythm, VG Studio and Avizo software platforms experience; QT API; Matlab, Python/numpy, or other engineering scripting languages
- Experience with GPU processing
- Troubleshoot local area network connected multi-computing environments
- Ability to guide and influence others
- In-depth understanding of engineering technology, tools, and computer operating systems
- Demonstrated software coding capabilities and computer networking/security capabilities in a production environment
- Experience in a non-destructive testing environment
- Experience with aviation quality requirements and systems
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes