Contract to Hire
Potential FTE, W2 - C2H
Our customer in North Phoenix is seeking an IT Solutions Architect to provide technical leadership, and to oversee the design and implementation of enterprise technology solutions. The IT Solutions Architect will engage with business leaders to understand emerging needs, to map these needs into business requirements, and then to map business requirements to system/technical requirements that are designed to integrate with enterprise technology architecture. The IT Solutions Architect will work closely with the director of architecture to design, document, and gain support for existing and new enterprise technology architecture standards and will provide prescriptive guidance to technology engineering and operations teams regarding architectural standards for network, operating system, and virtualization technologies, as well as mid-tier technologies such as application integrations, federated authentication, and security applications.
The IT Solutions Architect must also:
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging technologies, specific to information security contractual requirements, and IT solution standards;
- Align with our customer's mission and support priorities of the business to deliver quality care to their customer base;
- Foster a collaborative approach to solution design and implementation with business operations representatives and senior leadership;
- Approach problem solving with an "anything is possible" attitude.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience in software development, application implementation/support or infrastructure implementation/support
- Working knowledge of all components of typical solutions found in a large/enterprise IT environment
- Experience defining and implementing technical solutions using customer defined objectives
- Experience translating business needs into technical requirements.
- Experience applying multiple solutions to business problems.
- Advanced Technical degree
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience in software development, application implementation/support or infrastructure implementation/support
- Experience creating RFPs and managing RFP processes
- Experience working with Virtualized servers and/or Private Cloud Computing
- Experience working in healthcare and/or as a federal sub-contractor
- Experience in a role where influencing others was key to the success of the position
- Experience with Security standards and frameworks like FIPS, FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST, DIACAP, HIPAA
- Industry certifications which may include any of the following Open CA, CITA, EACOE, CEA.
- Serve as a key member of the architecture team responsible for supporting IT and business operations
- Interface with business representatives and vendors to understand the needs of the business.
- Work with other professionals to design solution architecture for business.
- Suggest and implement programs and initiatives for the Architecture team and IT organization. Leverage experience and knowledge to meet strategic objectives while resolving business, product, and technical challenges,
- Provide input on prioritizing activities of the larger team; helping IT leadership and project managers to manage the resource load associated with new initiatives.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design standards in the implementation of projects.
- Render technical support services on project implementation to the project team.
- Explain technical issues and IT solutions strategies to stakeholders and non-technical professionals.
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project schedule resources plan for implementation projects. Lead and collaborate cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions. Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server principals, architecture, and support; General knowledge of data communication architectures, design, and support; General knowledge of the technology impacts on business and how to integrate technical plans to support enterprise business function; Business problem-solving skills; Understanding of project management concepts and techniques, including metrics.
- Ability to balance how architectural decisions and potential compromises might affect long-term ("big picture") and short-term objectives
- Team building / Team Player
- Influence the actions and opinions of others in a positive direction and build group commitment.
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems, within time constraints and with available resources; Detail-oriented.
- Multi-Tasking / Time Management
- Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, highly demanding environment.
- Information Management
- Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicate clearly, and draw sound conclusions. Ability to read, understand, and maintain information found in white papers and documentation on advanced technical concepts.
- Ability to stay focused on researching technical concepts for extended periods of time
- Participates in rotation of on-call responsibility as needed
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.