- Aiea, HI (Hybrid - weekly on-site presence is required.)
The IT Security Specialist's role is to configure and administer various IT systems, with a focus on maintaining security through confidentiality, integrity and availability. This individual should have demonstrable experience in Windows, Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, Linux, SQL, IIS, and varying protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SSH, L2TP/IPsec with knowledge of TCP/IP and various web applications and troubleshooting.
The individual will work on security reporting, creating action plans, educating peers, participating in security investigations and audits.
The individual will work as part of the larger Security Engineering group under the direction of the Sr. Security Manager.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, business or related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in various IT roles
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in IT Security
- Experience with HIPAA Security Risk Assessments
- Experience with SOC Audits
- Experience in ITIL or similar methodology
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Security appliance administration
- Linux/Unix knowledge and administration
- Windows knowledge and administration
- TCP/IP knowledge
- Web technology and hosting knowledge
- IIS experience
- Apache and Tomcat experience
- MS-SQL experience
- Varying MS scripting techniques
- Web security knowledge and experience. CEH or GWEB preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks as they arrive, and make decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively through both written and verbal communication within varying levels of the business
Any of the following would be considered desirable:
- CompTia Security Plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.