The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an Intern in the Information Technology (IT) Division. This division supports both VEDP and the Virginia Tourism Corporation, home of the “Virginia is For Lovers” brand. This tech-savvy individual is seeking entry-level experience in IT and will develop experience using a wide-range of corporate technologies.
- Assist with Help Desk calls, and tickets
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Inventory hardware and software assets using the asset management system
- Install, reconfigure, and decommission computers and equipment, as required
- Log all Help Desk support interactions; identify and escalate situations requiring attention
- Employ a customer service approach and present information about technical issues.
- Document solutions and add to the knowledge base
- Work closely with a small team to deliver high-quality service and solutions
- Assist with projects and implementations
- Be organized and structured with work orders
- Passion for technology and computers
- Familiarity with troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, macOS, and basic networking
- Software skills using Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Ability to research and solve problems
- Attention to detail
This successful candidate has a high degree of customer service skills, intellectual curiosity, and interest in technology. Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in information systems or a technology-related field is preferred.
This part-time position is in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Schedule and hours are flexible between 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Preferred candidates have 30-35 hours of weekly availability on a reasonably consistent schedule.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. A valid driver’s license is required. Salary: Undergrad students $13/hr.; Graduate students $15/hr. Application deadline: March 31, 2023.