Farwest is the preeminent metal solutions provider within the greater Western United States for all of your metals needs.
We are seeking an Inside Sales 2 Representative for our steel processing group. Join our team
Purpose of the Position:
Develop customer requests for processing quotations and orders. Create quotes, enter orders, and provide inventory availability and lead time information to customers. Provide service solutions to customers by utilizing all Divisions of Farwest Steel.
- Convert quotes to orders after checking inventory levels and confirmation that processes or services will meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Listens carefully before reading all items back to the customer. Checks drawings and specifications including tolerances before presenting a quoted price to the customer. Responsible for all data entry of customer quotes and orders.
- Educate customer on depth of services and scope of current inventory in all Divisions of Farwest Steel Corporation.
- Communicate processing capabilities and expectations to outside vendors
- Timely follow up on all quotes and orders regarding feedback on pricing, quality and delivery information.
- Check with the credit department regarding current status of a customer’s account if a high dollar order or rush order is placed.
- Track and acknowledge any changes to the order and verify revisions.
- High school diploma with a college degree in related field preferred
- Has proficient understanding of blueprints
- Knowledge of Farwest Steel processing capabilities and tolerances
- Communicate effectively and sell steel products and services
- Professional telephone skills and techniques
- Great listening and recording skills
- Computer skills are a must
- Ability to work in a team environment within our company
- Courteous professional conduct required with customers and co-workers
- Able to adapt to different social settings, perform routine office support, understand written and oral instruction, and make accurate mathematical calculations
Does Farwest Fit You?
- Willing to learn
- Rapid advancement potential
- Shift/lead differentials
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, FSA, HRA, HSA, EAP, company paid Life Insurance & STD, and 401K Match
- We offer full benefits with options to suit everyone
As a condition of employment, all applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check that must be completed, post offer of employment. Farwest participates in eVerify and we confirm each candidate’s eligibility to legally work in the US.
Farwest Steel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Veterans
Click "Apply Now" to submit your job application.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
*ADP will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request proof of age or address documentation, when needed.