Sunrise Farms located in Harris, Iowa
This position is essential in the operations of our plant and will ensure equipment is running as needed.
$20 + based on experience, plus .75 night shift differential
Full time, night shift, rotating schedule
$2,500 sign on bonus!
How you’ll spend your time:
- Assemble machines for daily operations.
- Look for mechanical issues prior to operations.
- Adjust machines.
- Troubleshoot and adjust timing on machines looking for proper alignment and operation of machines.
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical issues such as chain drives, conveyors, belts, pumps, mechanical binds, pre-mature wear, bearings, pneumatics.
- Understanding of plumbing and piping systems for troubleshooting and repair.
- Weld stainless steel and mild steel using TIG and stick to meet food grade standards.
- Trouble shoot and replace motors and gear boxes.
- Knowledge of mechanical concepts such as bearing removal and installation, chain drives, seal removal and installation.
- Basic understanding of machine process and order of operation.
- Basic electrical on 24, 110, and 480 volt, 3 phase wiring and repair/replacement.
- Ability to disassemble and re-assemble machines.
- Use basic hand and power tools.
- Communicate with operators and management about issues and repairs needed.
- Work in areas with very limited space.
- Able to read drawings and prints of machines.
- Metal fabrication.
- Electrical troubleshooting, adjustment, and replacement of VFD’s and basic motor controls.
- Replace and install new wiring to meet code and safety standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair 0 – 20 and 0 – 10 vdc controls.
- Understand and troubleshoot 24 vdc controls.
- Troubleshoot, repair, replace various control circuits or boards.
- Understand electrical operation and processes on industrial equipment.
- Troubleshoot, replace, re-wire single phase and 3 phase motors.
- Knowledge of electrical testing equipment such as multimeters, tracers, and magers.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace 24 vdc power supplies and transformers.
- Troubleshoot and repair relays, wiring, and function.
- Knowledge of various types of sensors such as defuse, reflective, proximity, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair restats, probs.
- Troubleshoot and repair servo drives and encoders.
- $20.00+ depending on experience, plus .75 night shift differential.
- Performance reviews after first 90 days, 6 months and annually.
- Paid holidays & 80 hours of PTO (accrued bi-weekly).
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits available.
- 401(k) access with generous 4% company match!
- $2,500 sign on bonus
- Clean, modern work environment—state of the art equipment & robotic equipment
We're excited about you if you have/can...
- Prefer 3 years of experience in maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, reading schematics, and electrical is required.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule with some weekends required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is highly desirable, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to follow set procedure instructions.
Be able to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally, kneel, stoop, and walk to areas where equipment is located.