Sr. DB2 DBA - REMOTE
ARC Group has an immediate opportunity for Sr. DB2 DBA. This position 100% remote working east coast core business hours. This is starting out as a contract position running through December 2023, with potential to extend longer or possibly convert to FTE. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and well-respected organization offering tremendous career growth potential.
Candidates must have permanent work authorization and work for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future. Third party candidates are not eligible for this role.
DB2 DBA Job Description:
- Database Administrator should be very strong working knowledge of IBM DB2 PureScale cluster from Operational/Systems DBA to setup and support IBM DB2 LUW databases on AIX platform. Experience with Netezza, Sailfish appliances is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- Looking for a Purescale SME, with hands on working experience in setting up and managing Purescale clusters.
- In depth knowledge of the DB2 LUW architecture of EE.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading DB2 LUW databases and Purescale clusters.
- Experience in configuring and supporting Tier-1 mission critical databases as a systems/infrastructure DBA.
- In-depth knowledge of operating system AIX and hands on working experiences on AIX.
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database server deployment.
- Troubleshooting Purescale cluster issues, working with IBM opening PMRs to resolve issues.
- Proven experience in working in a mission critical environment in a multi-terabyte database platform, including Enterprise Data Warehouses (EEE).
- Good understanding of data warehouse concepts including data marts and data lakes.
- Perform routine maintenance on several database environments including application of updates, patches, and hotfixes
- Creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment.
- Designing and building data models, schemas, views, and tables to support application requirements
- Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism, data encryption, obfuscation, auditing using tools such as Guardium.
- Extensive experience designing and executing backup and recovery concepts and procedures
- Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning/
- Experience in using Splunk and other event management and performance monitoring tools.
- Good understanding of licensing options and optimization.
- Experience in scripting languages (shell or python or Perl) for automating DBA administrative tasks. Ansible experience a plus.
- Experience with automation tools such as Control-M.
- Experience in implementing DB2 LUW STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
- In-depth knowledge of IT industry database technologies and processes and business applications integrated with database technologies.
- Provide 24 x 7 Support to Critical production systems.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in working closely with the application development teams to resolve any performance related issues and provide application support.
**Team provides 24/7 support...candidate must be okay with an on-call night rotation**
- DB2 LuW with strong Purescale administration experience
- EST time zone, but not required
- DB2 LUW Database Administration Certification.
- Added advantage of knowledge of administration of Netezza and Sailfish
- Health care industry related experience.
Would you like to know more about our new opportunity? For immediate consideration, please send your resume directly to Suresh Gaddala at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online while viewing all of our open positions at www.arcgonline.com.
ARC Group is a Forbes-ranked a top 20 recruiting and executive search firm working with clients nationwide to recruit the highest quality technical resources. We have achieved this by understanding both our candidate's and client's needs and goals and serving both with integrity and a shared desire to succeed.
ARC Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.