Growing your career as a Full Time Human Resources Specialist ($41,600+) is an amazing opportunity to develop useful skills.
If you are strong in critical thinking, presentation and have the right experience for the job, then apply for the position of Human Resources Specialist ($41,600+) at Dorchester County Public Schools today!
Dorchester County Public Schools is currently accepting applications for a vacancy available in the Human Resources Department located at the Central Office. This position will serve as administrative support to the Office of Human Resources. This position is considered 'at will'. The successful candidate must be a team player, while also being a self-starter, able to work independently, and handle confidential information in a fast-paced office environment. The work performed covers a variety of tasks requiring a broad knowledge of the school system's rules, regulations, policies, practices, and skill in the application thereof. This is a twelve (12) Month, eight (8) hours per day position on Scale F of the Dorchester Educators Education Support Personnel Salary Scales. DUTIES:
- Responsible for all facets of the interview and employment application process including receiving and maintaining database of all applications/interviews for employment; assists applicants in completing applications provides information regarding available jobs and informs applicants of their hiring status.
- Prepare and distribute various personnel staffing-related correspondence.
- Prepare departmental documents and ensures compliance with applicable state and federal laws, school system regulations and policies, and applicable negotiated agreements.
- Respond to information requests regarding employment opportunities.
- Administer substitute electronic sign-up system.
- Process and distribute routine informational reports for federal, state, and other agencies.
- Process and input data related to various personnel records information, including new hires, promotions, transfers, and reassignments.
- Establish and maintain data files for personnel records and related information.
- Responsible for the fingerprinting and background reports for new hires and contractors.
- Serve as back-up to the front desk receptionist and provides administrative support to the Office of Human Resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Human Resources or other appropriate management staff.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate; A.A. degree or higher in Human Resources preferred.
- Three years of increasingly responsible human resources experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations, practices, forms, and related requirements.
- Proficiency in typing, computer and word processing skills, including Microsoft Office components (Word, Excel, etc.), business English and business math (ratios, percentages, etc.), and timekeeping.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to input data into HR/payroll data base system, recognizing the importance of accuracy and timelines.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees, supervisors, candidates, and the public under sometimes adverse conditions.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a variety of situations and problems under specified time constraints.
- Ability to plan, organize, and develop work procedures.
- Ability to provide assistance, and technical direction, to others.
● Learning opportunities
● Company offers career progression opportunities
● Attractive package