HR generalist with project work in various HR aspects including some or all of the following; recruiting, training, safety, HRIS, wage administration, and employee/labor relations. Assists with all HR functions at plant. Reports to HR Manager.
- Communicate and support various HR processes, including performance appraisals, new employee orientation, salary and wage administration, and HR metrics
- Deliver company mandated and other training modules to both hourly and salaried personnel
- Recruit for assigned openings, following all aspects of the established recruiting process, which includes working closely with recruiting sources, hiring managers, candidates, and interviewers
- Brief employees on key benefits; answers questions concerning benefit practices and policies
- Maintain a strong customer service attitude to enhance employee relations and provide excellent service to client base. Maintain union-free environment by proactive positive employee relations
- Lead employee relations activities including visibility and approachability; coordinates formal communications with employees; lead HR representative for wellness and activities
- Maintain HR records by ensuring that applications, resumes, position profiles, requisitions and interview records, job offers, etc., are documented and filed in accordance with legal, corporate and ISO requirements. Lead internal and external audits.
- Provide performance coaching and execute disciplinary action when necessary, in accordance with Hendrickson's established practices and legal standards
- Use Oracle to maintain and update all employee related information, including training records, salary data, job titles and descriptions, and personal data.
- Serve as lead HR member of safety team. Coordinates the completion of weekly meetings and safety issues. Assists in Workers Compensation case management to establish a proactive Return-To-Work program
- Lead the Co-Op and Intern program
- Assist with employee development programs including individual career coaching, writing of development plans, and succession management process
- Assist with creation, communication and execution of annual training plans for Trailer locations
- Assist with Oracle system modules: Core HR, Recruiting, and LMS
- Participate on corporate sponsored projects including: training and development, compensations, organizational structure, standardization teams, job description/recruiting teams, employee engagement etc.
- Lead on employee communication - activities, wellness, upcoming processes, newsletter, action plans, recognition, location goals
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources field or related business field
- SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience in the Human Resource field
- Strong knowledge of basic principles and practices of Human Resources
- Experience in delivering training is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle is a plus
- Strong PC skills is a must
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.