WHO WE ARE: Personalized Independent Living Opportunities and Training, or P.I.L.O.T. Services, is a small organization providing Day Programs & Residential supports to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Being small has its advantages and we believe enables us to do so much more; and this sets us apart from the bigger operations out there. Become part of our team! If you are interested in promoting and supporting others, and have a solid work ethic please seek us out for an interview.
P.I.L.O.T. Services is seeking a hands-on Recruiter and Trainer in our Human Resources Department. This position is located in our administrative office in Berlin, NJ, as well as our Day Habilitation program in Clementon, NJ. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this role will facilitate and implement all phases of the recruitment process; and will implement, and provide agency-wide comprehensive training for all employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process
- Adds requisitions, maintains Applicant Tracking System (ATS), including posting jobs on P.I.L.O.T. Services’ ATS Career Center
- Posts jobs on external online job boards, including but not limited to Handshake, and other external job sites
- Reviews resumes, screens candidates, and manages the tracking of resumes in the company’s ATS
- Coordinates candidate interview with hiring managers
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in both internal and external on-campus and virtual job fairs; and coordinates all logistics and the resources needed to staff the job fairs
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with university career offices
- Implement, and provide an agency-wide comprehensive training plan for all employees.
- As a College of Direct Support (CDS) Administrator, maintain the CDS database on a regular basis-adding in newly hired staff, removing those termed or resigned, scheduling and oversight of pre-designed CDS training for new staff.
- Responsible for developing a competency and skill set in new employees to enable them to perform effectively and efficiently in the workplace.
- Responsible for developing measures to check training effectiveness and employee comprehension and understanding throughout the training period.
- Development and production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals to support the comprehension of subject matter being introduced to employees.
- Conduct all mandated new employee orientation and training.
- Conduct initial and bi-annual recertification training for American Red Cross Adult CPR and Standard First Aid and enter details into College of Direct Support record.
- Responsible for conducting other annual recertification trainings on employee’s due for such requirements.
- Provide training to new employees in P.I.L.O.T.’s Electronic Health Record (Therap), ensuring they understand how to access the record, document services, how and when to utilize and how to create a General Event Report.
- Track and inform staff (and managers/supervisors) of all mandatory training and recertifications that employees are responsible for maintaining.
- Communicate with Managers (Residential & Day) and Human Resources when staff will be out of compliance with mandated trainings and the need to suspend until such training is completed.
- Create and distribute monthly training calendars to all group homes and day programs.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance of all employee training files/records and any supporting documentation required (both state/agency mandated) for review during compliance audits conducted by the Division of Developmental Disabilities/Department of Human Services.
- Cooperate with the agency and DDD/DHS staff in any inspection or investigations.
- Attending as needed enrichment and supplemental trainings/workshops that support or are required by the Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Human Resources Department
- Experience working in recruitment and an applicant tracking system
- Experience facilitating training
- Non-profit experience helpful but not necessary
- DDD experience helpful but not necessary
- Salary range is $50,000 to $52,000 a year commensurate with experience
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401 K
- Life Insurance
- Professionalism-- Follows policies and procedures; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds
P.I.L.O.T. Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.