Human Resources Generalist
Under the direction of the Human Resources (HR) Manager, the Human Resource Generalist oversees the areas of employment for assigned groups including but not limited to regulatory compliance, engagement, talent management, payroll, benefits, safety, training, and other related duties within the Human Resources department. Interacts with leadership to ensure they have the resources needed to fulfill operational targets and customer expectations.
The person in this position must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic, great attention to detail, be organized, able to be self-directed, and maintain confidentiality and work with minimal supervision. Additionally, he/she must be a forward-thinker, be able to multi-task and handle deadlines and stressful situations in a calm, orderly and accurate manner, and have good communication skills to deal effectively and courteously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain data up-to-date and in compliance in the HR information system and other assigned applications.
- Answer and assist company stakeholders including employees with HR related questions
- Assist training coordinator with training and development initiatives including entering all training documentation into designated system and maintains accountability
- Maintains all employee files following regulatory and company standards
- Recruit, interview, select qualified talent as well as assisting in retaining talent through creative and sustainable selection and retention strategies including attending job fairs, succession planning, structured interview guides, networking, and satisfaction survey administration and analysis
- Perform New Employee Orientations and onboarding
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits
- Review and support the implementation, and enforce changes to policy in order to keep with current Federal and State legal statutes, and needs of the company
- Prepare salaried and hourly payroll to ensure employees are paid accurately
- Ensure timely, accurate preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports for internal and corporate use
- Administer workers compensation claims in partnership with the corporate team to ensure compliance and employee support
- Meet with employees, vendors and other guests of the company as required to build and promote relationships and open door communication policy
- Assist other departments with audits as needed
- Assist the team with coordinating events for employees and business needs
- Various administrative support responsibilities including managing HR vendor relationships
- Support positive employee relations at all levels of the organization
- Oversees completion of all milestones in the annual performance management and pay planning cycles for assigned groups
- Counsel leaders in HR matters including ethics, workforce planning, employee morale, etc.
- Represent company in hearings and complaint investigations and resolutions
- Assist with the Employee Engagement initiatives
- Manage enforcement of company policies and assist with investigations and resolution of employment related matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or related degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Human Resources role, required
- Employment law knowledge; required
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; required
- Ability to maintain confidential information; required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; required
- PHR or SPHR certification; preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, employee handbook, and procedure manuals
- Competent oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively to management, vendors, and employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, vendors, and the general public
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work on site at the assigned plant(s) - this is not a remote position
- Limited travel required
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to operate basic office equipment (i.e. copier, computer keyboard, mouse and other computer technology require for job duties. Must be able to occasionally work on the production floor. The production floor is not climate controlled and temperatures can fluctuate significantly depending on the weather. Must be able to alternate standing and remaining stationary with intermediate walking throughout the customary work schedule of the assigned group(s).
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary