The Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative and HR assistance to the HR Department staff members as needed. This role assists with the recruitment and onboarding of new hires, facilitates and participates in HR initiatives, schedules meetings, record keeping/maintenance, and HR data entry.
Essential Functions/Key Deliverables
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department, including filing of documents electronically in HRIS system, sort and distribute mail, enters purchase requests, and other associated clerical functions.
- Answer phones using appropriate customer service skills.
- Greet guests, employees, and applicants with a welcoming, helpful attitude, every person, every interaction.
- Provide responses for basic employee and/or applicant questions or direct to appropriate HR professional for higher level issues and inquiries.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, training sessions, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Conduct phone screenings for hourly positions.
- Maintain records of candidate statuses and provides periodic reports on recruitment data.
- Assist in the planning of employee meetings and/or events.
- Assist with preparing material for new hire orientations.
- Complete data entry for employee changes, transfers, terminations, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Maintain repository of up-to-date job descriptions and job specifications for each position.
- Provide support for special events and facility programs.
- Promote positive guest, employee, and public relations at all times.
- Assist with travel arrangements for CANPACK employees and visitors when needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate degree in Human Resources or closely related discipline preferred.
- Basic understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent understanding of MS products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint). HRIS experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-including presentation skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization; interpret and relay established policies, procedures, practices, and laws.
- Must be detailed oriented with project and time management skills to meet set deadlines with expectation of ongoing disruptions to provide employee/management customer service.
- Must maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all HR related matters and information
If you are a current CANPACK employee, please apply through your Workday account.
CANPACK Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or not related to job requirements, unless such distinction is required by law.