The primary purpose of this position is to provide process and transactional support for the Human Resources department.
- Supports the development and administration of programs, policies, and processes to facilitate employee and organizational development. Work with the HR Leader to identify training needs and resources to maximize employee talent to meet the needs of the company. Support and maintain employee training records.
- Administers, coordinates, and supports processes and activities necessary to develop and maintain positive employee morale and to achieve the goals of the business. Support and facilitate wellness initiatives.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Assists with payroll functions including answering employee questions and provide reporting for finance and operations.
- Conducts or assists with scheduling and integrity of new hire orientation.
- Assists TA with preboarding and post boarding processes and paperwork.
- Assists TA with maintaining accurate and up to date job descriptions.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting / standing at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift 15lbs at times.
- Management Responsibilities Level: Entry - Level
- Reports to: HR Manager
- Location: Scranton, PA
- Travel: up to 10%
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- HR Certification considered a plus.
- Previous HR experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws affecting HR
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must possess effective written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
What You'll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro