Job Title: HR Business Partner II (This position is Remote - based in California)
Our commitments are to build a truly diverse and inclusive company, care for our customers, people, and planet, and outperform together.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with associates and field leadership in their designated Regional Teams. The HRBP serves as a consultant to field management on human resources-related issues. The successful HRBP will act as an associate champion and change agent. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions and formulates partnerships across their Regional Team to deliver value-added service that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the Region and SBHs financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree and relevant industry experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
40% People: Drive recruiting strategies to build a pipeline of talent, identify opportunity areas, and train local teams. Active on LinkedIn and all digital networking platforms and social networks, possesses a strong network of external candidates to fill positions when required. Assess Field Leaders abilities to determine talent opportunities and their impact on performance. Engage in talent reviews and succession planning, promoting the right talent and building career pathing for high performers. Assessing development needs from a business perspective and taking ownership for addressing them. Develop and implement tools to drive talent development.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning. Aligning the strategy, structure and culture to maximize the drive for business.
- Consistently engages Field leaders regarding their own strengths and opportunities while leveraging IDPs to improve their capabilities. Ensures that the Store Managers engage and develop their teams. Develop and implement tools to drive talent development.
- Builds strong working relationships with all BUSINESS PARTNERs. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies. Use insights from the organization to improve talent and business outcomes.
- Develop and administer necessary training to build skills in the areas of leadership, recruiting, engagement, and associate relations. Support Greenhouse, Thrive training and other leadership tools and programs to reinforce skill building.
30% Brand: Through coaching and consulting, work with leaders on the importance and practice of delivering an exceptional customer experience which maximizes sales/KPIs and drives customer loyalty in assigned stores. Understands the competitive landscape by observing and studying the competition to learn about current initiatives/strategies, shares insights with relevant BUSINESS PARTNERs and supervisor. Develops disciplines that drive behavior so all brand standards are met.
- Build and nurture a culture of highly engaged associates with leaders to drive passion and commitment for the business that results in improved retention.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to field management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
15% Safety/Loss Prevention: Ensures processes are followed to ensure the store environment is safe at all times for associates and customers; all policies and procedures are followed. Analyzes and utilizes all available reporting.
- Lead investigations in addressing associate relation issues and using the data to understand development opportunities to mitigate future issues and minimize company risks.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
15% Operations: Drives the execution of all company processes through training, management, analysis and continuous improvement. Review staffing levels to leverage payroll and overtime. Ensures support for all processes to support digital strategies are utilized such as Omni-channel fulfillment (SFS/BOPIS).
- Analyze and share out reporting on turnover and retention, ER trends, other HR KPIs, and monitor completion of training, performance appraisals and other Thrive programs.
- Partner with Regional Team on business objectives. Participants in regional meetings and calls regularly.
- Travel with Regional Director and team frequently to identify strengths and opportunities of the regions execution of programs, keep a pulse on the culture, identify training needs, and understands market threats and opportunities.
Competencies / Attributes
- Drives all required activities in the talent development process; Interviews, Performance Appraisals, QPRs, and IDPs.
- Creates a diverse and inclusive team, actively encourages input from others and listens.
- Driver of information sharing and collaboration.
- Actively demonstrates teamwork/collaboration within SBH. Builds and/or participates in effective teams and values the importance of having diverse thoughts and input from various sources.
- Can understand the successful outcomes when collaboration occurs.
- Is emotionally astute when communicating and authentic to theiwn style/self; embraces EQ/Emotional Intelligence.
- Shares information in a timely manner, always encourages others to express their views and opinions to develop better outcomes.
- Effective at driving and delivering plans, holds self and team accountable to a high standard to deliver objectives.
- Effective with time management, always focusing on the right priorities and uses resources wisely to drive the right result.
- Leads and motivates their team, adjusting strategies and plans where needed, demonstrates GRIT with a determination to succeed
Problem Solver Decision Maker.
- Able to consume relevant data and information to understand business issues and makes recommendations and takes action.
- Considers the importance and impact of decisions against relevant factors including costs, risks, volume of work and impact on the field leasers and stores.
The amount of discretion or freedom this position has
- Strict Adherence to Guidelines
- Interprets and Adapts Guidelines
- Develops and Implements Guidelines
Working Conditions /Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel 50% or greater. Attend national and regional meetings as necessary.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, retail stores, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, files, books, small parts; using a keyboard, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
95,000 - 115,000