Location: Penfield, NY
The Warrior Salute House Assistant functions as a team member and assists Veterans to gain access to necessary services and supports. The Warrior Salute House Assistant promotes the concepts of choice, individualized services and supports, and consumer satisfaction. The Warrior Salute House Assistant will have primary placement at the Nucor House.
Essential Job Functions:
- With collaboration of the Veteran and the House Manager, helps implement the veteran's Individualized Treatment Plan by using person centered planning approach.
- Provides advocacy by protecting and upholding a veteran's rights, and ensuring that the veteran's living environment is safe.
- Will conduct weekly or as needed drug screens, breathalyzers and work with veterans on positive promotion of sobriety.
- Will assist House manager with room inspections.
- Will assist in transporting Veterans to appointments in the community as needed.
- With collaboration from the House Manager will direct facilitation of household duties.
- Submits all required reports and documentation to the Program Manager, WS House staff, and Warrior Salute Clinical via email.
- Performs all other necessary duties to assure compliance with policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Performs all other duties relevant to the position as assigned by the House Manager.
- May require flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the Veteran.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year working with veterans preferred.
- Valid, unrestricted, non-conditional driver's license required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to reach above shoulder level
- Ability to turn/twist upper body
- Ability to lift at least 35 lbs. dead weight.
- Adhere to all CDS Life Transitions, Inc. and Warrior Salute policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled; obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Maintain all required certifications/training by State regulations and CDS policy
- Act as a professional representative of CDS Life Transitions, Inc. and Warrior Salute in regards to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.
Warrior Salute Veteran Services, a CDS Life Transitions company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, citizenship, military or veteran status, gender expression and/or identity, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.