Pay: $60,000 - $70,000 / yearly Depending on Experience
At Caris HealthCare the Hospice Sales Representative develops and maintains working relationships with referral sources and professional community contacts to increase access to hospice care by terminally ill patients. The Representative is responsible for market share goals.
Caris Healthcare's mission is to provide hospice care with grace. Serving patients throughout the Southeast region, we support our team members, patients and their families with compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and service. If you are ready for a rewarding career with a company that offers employees a culture of integrity and excellence, consider joining the Caris Healthcare team.
At Caris, you will have a career, not just a job. Our mission driven culture is evident by our current employees and the impact made on patients and families. All Caris team members commit to The Better Way, a list of promises we make to each other and our customers. The Better Way commitment is reflected in the benefits we provide. Benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Eligibility
- Eligible for benefits within 60 days
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision); health savings account
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- 401 (K) plan with company match
- Paid Training
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Identifies new referral sources utilizing available corporate resources and his/her community contacts.
- Works with Regional Director, Sales & Marketing to develop, implement and evaluate quarterly territory plans to achieve goals and to implement strategies and actions as defined by the marketing strategic plan.
- Develops appropriate call plan to achieve pre-established objectives. Conducts a minimum forty (40) sales calls and presentations each week and generates referrals by building long term business partnerships.
- Uses appropriate established techniques for sales calls including opening, probing needs, presentation, handling objectives and closing. Meets admission targets consistently on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintains key business accounts and builds relationships with prospective accounts by following up with individuals as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the administrative staff of nursing home(s) professional / community contacts, physician offices, discharge planners, hospitals and the hospice team.
- Serves as liaison between External Customers and Administrator in notification of Gifts and the resolution of them.
- Updates the Administrator and/or Patient Care Manager of any new referrals if made aware of them while in field.
- Serves as facilitator to address billing and/or contractual concerns between referral sources and administrator.
- Serves as an educator, when needed, to facilitate ongoing education regarding the hospice program. Orients any new referral source and / or first time referring physician within three (3) days following admission of the patient.
- Works with referral sources to improve understanding of hospice services to grow census.
- Maintains a data base for all referral sources.
- Keeps the Patient Care Manager and / or Administrator informed of any new ideas, situations and problems.
- Coordinates an orientation program of new and existing contracting entities to meet applicable standards and regulations.
- Keeps contracting information for all contracted nursing centers and hospitals up to date in accordance with Caris policy and Medicare and State regulations.
- Bachelor's or Masters' Degree in Healthcare, Business or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the principles of the sales process in a health care environment.
- Must possess good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, be outgoing, perceptive and self motivated with the ability to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Must be able to communicate articulately and comprehend written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
If you see yourself a good fit and want to join our team apply today! Caris HealthCare is an Affiliate of NHC. EOE