CRSD operates on a 4-day school week with Mondays off. Find out more about our district on our website at www.cossatot.us or on Facebook at Cossatot River School District and Twitter/Instagram @cossatotriversd. Click here to apply and find out what makes CRSD Unique, United, and Cossatot River Strong!
- Master's Degree in the field of education preferred
- Eligibility to hold a valid instructional certificate as issued by the Department of Education for the state of Arkansas
- Any alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find acceptable and reasonable
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that state and federal mandates are followed.
- Collaborate with the administration to implement and maintain an efficient, effective and current curriculum that is aligned with state and federal standards and board policies.
- Work with administration, staff, students and community to acquire needed instructional supplies and equipment.
- Ensure that all board approved programs and curriculum are delivered.
- Establish a consistent classroom instructional schedule and maintain an orderly learning environment.
- Serve as the instructional leader with a focus on providing educational programs that comply with state, federal, district, student, staff and community needs.
- Maximize time spent on quality instruction.
- Ensure that the registration procedures, attendance laws and child accounting regulations for all eligible school aged children residing in the district and all non-resident children desiring to attend the district shall be followed.
- Monitor the curricular program to ensure that it meets all mandates.
- In conjunction with the board and superintendent, implement and maintain a disciplinary policy that meets the requirements of all applicable laws and mandates while preserving the instructional integrity and safety of the building.
- Supervise district and building programs with regard to student eligibility and participation and staff performance.
- Plan/coordinate student recognition activities.
- Collect and use data to identify goals, assess organizational effectiveness, and promote organizational learning.
- Promote continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate progress and revise plans.
- Establish high expectations and standard for behavior and performance.
- Supervise employees to enhance the performance of their duties.
- Evaluate employees and support staff in a constructive manner.
- Develop procedures to communicate information to employees.
- Monitor the efforts of staff in implementing curriculum and assure the approved curriculum is being taught.
- Develop, implement and maintain all employee schedules in accordance with applicable contracts and staffing ratios to maximize efficiency.
- In conjunction with administration, develop, implement and maintain a budget.
- Communicate effectively with the staff, public and parents.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Counsel and provide guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Plan and lead professional development activities for teachers, administrators, and support staff.
- Report to the proper authorities any cases of suspected child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
- Report, investigate, and address suspected bullying as required by Arkansas law and district policies.
- Ensure an exciting student environment by facilitating events such as pep rallys, dances, and other activities for students.
- Participate in special education-related activities such as attending meetings and providing support to special educators throughout the district.
- Direct and coordinate school maintenance services and the use of school facilities.
- Organize and direct committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for programs.
- Ensure safe and efficient flow of transportation through management of car rider and bus traffic for drop off and pick up of students.
- Conduct and oversee fundraising activities consistent with district policies and procedures.
- Maintain a regular presence at both home and away athletic events.
- Coordinate and direct extracurricular activities and programs such as after-school events and athletic contests.
- Supervise home athletic events to ensure safety and smooth operation.
- Ensure building news and celebrations are shared through the district social media and communication platforms.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regularly monitor district email for pertinent communication and timely responses.
- Submit all data and information as requested.
- Attend meetings as scheduled by supervisors and district administrators.
- Complete requested paperwork.
- Be proficient with and have the ability to adapt to basic workplace technology.
- Prioritize safety by, among other things, ensuring that all doors and windows are appropriately locked.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the district's crisis management plan.
- Model a high standard of professional excellence in the school, community, and on social media.
- Collaboratively develop and implement a shared vision and mission.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a vision of growth and support for the district.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
- Frequent travel to school district offices and classrooms
- Frequent walking throughout various buildings
- Moderate lifting and carrying from 15 to 30 pounds
- Often sitting at desk for extended periods
- Standing for limited periods of time
- Manual dexterity to use office equipment
- Repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding
- Maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem-solving skills while under stress.
- Must be able to interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner. Observe all safety precautions.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the board of education policy on evaluation of certified personnel.