Job Title: Teacher
Reports to: Building Principal
Dept/Campus: Assigned Campus
Salary: Commensurate with Experience https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VWrgEqme9E5_iuXC1QXWuIOgu8N0LdWM
Length of Contract: 190 Days
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students
to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
Valid Arkansas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
Knowledge of subjects assigned.
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship.The District may find appropriate and acceptable alternatives to the above qualifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrate relentless commitment to academic achievement of all students.
- Demonstrate effective customer service strategies to all district patrons.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff; encourage their active involvement in the decision-making process.
- Communicate and promote expectation for high-level performance from students; hold students accountable for high performance; recognize excellence and achievement.
- Articulate a clear direction for all students and staff; articulate a positive image of the school district and school district personnel.
- Establish & maintain an orderly & supportive classroom environment in which students actively participate & show respect for one another and the teacher.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by board policies and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Assess, track, and provide feedback promptly and often to students on their progress and assignments and maintain a record of grades.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of the school district.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials,and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication with parents and students concerning academic and behavioral progress of students.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members to establish a positive learning environment.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Assume responsibility for assigned non-teaching duties.
- Participate in activities which are related to school functions and/or educational processes which occur outside the regular school day.
- Maximize time when students are on task and ensure that instructional activities are clearly related to district goals.
- Other duties assigned by principals.
Student supervision and extra duties as assigned by the principal.
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; move textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
Date Adopted: May 5, 2017
Last Revised: March 29, 2021