We are looking for dynamic teachers who are able to...
- Implement units based on the NYS Science Learning standards and the NYS Next Generation Standards.
- Create academically rigorous and culturally relevant lesson plans, materials, and assessments that prepare students for the NYS Regents examinations, Advanced Placement, and collegiate level coursework.
- Teach engaging lessons that are differentiated to meet students’ needs and use various teaching strategies including the integration of technology into the classroom.
- Teach both independently and collaboratively with other teachers. Teach in-person and remotely, if needed.
- Focus on the integration of literacy skills across science content. Develop experiments, stimulations, inquiries, and projects to ensure that students in small groups and whole-class are actively involved in their learning.
- Develop and administer formative and summative assessments. Analyze and use assessment data to refine instructional practices to close the achievement gap for all students.
- Monitor student behavior and academic progress. Report student progress to parents and family members using online resources, report cards, and progress reports.
- Reflect on lessons, student data, and current educational trends to improve practice and student outcomes.
- Participate in ongoing professional learning, mentorship, coaching, and staff development. Share best practices with colleagues and other members of the staff.
- Help to foster the school’s culture of family, inclusion, and a love of learning and build positive relationships with students, parents, and the school staff.
- Bachelor's degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Prior satisfactory teaching experience preferred.
- New York State Teaching Certification in Science (grades 7-12), Agriculture, or Technology Education.
- Dual certification in English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) or Students with Disabilities is a plus.
- Clearance for fingerprint and criminal background checks.
- Professionalism, excellent organizational skills, timeliness, and superb communication skills.
Compensation for this position is competitive. FLACS offers a benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental benefits.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of FLACS to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage and citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex) or prior record of arrest or convictions (except as provided by law) and to maintain an environment of free of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment, or retaliation, as required by civil rights.
Powered by JazzHR