This position can be located in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, or Denver. Virtual workers will be considered
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help our clients make better decisions by supporting our Health Commercial Analytics practice in delivering innovative and impactful solutions.
Your impact as an Analytics Engineer - Health Commercial Analytics Team
This position is a key part of our Health Commercial Analytics team at Aon. Our practice focuses on developing, delivering, and scaling novel analytics solutions focused on client and market needs. Our
team is a mix of data scientists, data engineers, actuaries, analysts, and solution architects. We deliver and support a wide array of interactive analyses, special projects, and methodology development to address the complex analytic needs of our data-driven clients.
Health Commercial Analytics is a highly multi-disciplinary team with opportunities to grow your career along multiple dimensions.
What a week will look like:
- Work with data scientists, data engineers, actuaries, and business subject matter experts to design, build, and/or maintain solutions and products
- Collaborate across team to manage data ingestion and model preparation processes and maintain data quality
- Design and build visualization tools and reporting automation to communicate interpretable end-results to client teams
- Author software in R, Python, and SQL
- Work with data engineers to modernize legacy data architectures and environments
- Develop Proof of Concept (POCs) for new products or new features of existing analyses
- Operationalize data and models for scale
- Maintain up-to-date technical and operational documentation
- Assist with performance tuning and data lifecycle management
Skills and experience that will lead to success:
- 3+ years of experience in health analytics
- Significant experience working with data in Python, R, and SQL
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, or Apache Spark
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, R/Shiny, Streamlit, or Bokeh
- Knowledge of health data such as medical and Rx claims, eligibility, ICD-10, or CCSR
- Ability to work with a team to deliver tangible work products
- Ability to present technical information effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and methods
Nice to have
- Experience with Machine Learning models and model measurement
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices is desirable
- Familiarity with web technologies such as HTML, JS, CSS, JSON, or WASM
- Development and Operations (DevOps) experience in production software
- Azure resource management using Terraform
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Data Engineering, Actuarial Science, Data Science, or similar
How we support our colleagues
- A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
- The salary for this position is $100,000-$130,000 annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary will vary based on applicant's education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant's geographic location
Our Colleague Experience:
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
For positions in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the local Fair Chance ordinances.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.