To supervise the cleanliness and the appearance of guest accommodations and public space and see that all personnel performing housekeeping operations carry out their assignments in accordance with established standards. Responsible for all housekeeping problems, supplies, linen, equipment, work orders to Maintenance Staff and any other duties as assigned or required.
What you will be doing
- Makes up morning work assignments to ensure all areas of building are properly maintained in accordance with cleanliness standards.
- Supervises the activities of Assistant Housekeeper, Room Attendants, Laundry, Housemen, and Night Cleaners engaged in all types of the hotel cleaning operation.
- Maintains company productivity standards.
- Interviews, hires, trains, assign, and schedules department personnel. Checks quality of work performed and makes appropriate corrections and changes as necessary.
- Handles guests’ complaints concerning housekeeping service or refers problem to management for adjustment.
- Requisitions uniforms and supplies.
- Supervises the testing of new products for the housekeeping department.
- Notifies maintenance of any needed repairs.
- Personally inspects all rooms daily to ensure cleanliness standards are being met.
- Responsible for all linens, blankets, and room supplies; equipment, vacuums, washing machines, dryers, etc.
- Inspects rooms prior to guests checking in the rooms
- Manages other housekeepers to make sure they meet company quality and minutes per room standards
The ideal candidate for this position
- Has extensive knowledge of hotel housekeeping and cleaning techniques.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who visit the workplace.
Neema Hospitality values our employees and offers the following benefits, subject to eligibility:
·Two options for health insurance: major medical and minimum essential coverage*
·Dental, vision, life, disability insurance*
·401(k) with employer match*
·Paid time off*
·FSA and HSA Accounts*
·ZayZoon: offers the ability to access paychecks early
·Discounts on franchised hotels: rates vary by hotel
·Direct deposit and credit union membership
·Safe and secure work environments
·Opportunities to develop and grow within the company
*Generally available at 30 hours per week.