Guest Services Specialist I
Tracking Code 5769 Job Description Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Guest Services Specialist I to join our dynamic team in San Diego**.** **The available shift for this role is Monday - Friday, 7:30 am 4:00 pm PT.**
**About Latham & Watkins**
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
**About the role**
As a Guest Services Specialist, you will be responsible for a high level of customer service to external and internal clients which includes, receiving clients and vendors, catering ordering, set up, replenishment and break down for all firm meetings, conference room events and any special events taking place at a firm location. Other key responsibilities include:
* Operating Cisco Phone System and/or Customer Interaction Center (CIC) to relay incoming, outgoing, and intra-system calls
* Meeting and greeting clients and visitors, determining the nature of their business, and providing appropriate information and services
* Registering visitor names in the building and firm systems; may authorize access as appropriate; logging and distributing temporary office key cards, when applicable
* Accepting and logging deliveries from couriers and caterers and notifying appropriate individuals/teams
* Coordinating with outside vendors, clients, building management, and/or security for after-hours guest services
* Utilizing Event Management System (EMS) to manage conference room and visitor office bookings and changes; running multiple reports in EMS
* Anticipating and understanding client/stakeholder needs and proactively provides support, assistance, and appropriate solutions
* Working with booking requestors to ensure all services and supplies are provided in a timely manner; coordinating with appropriate departments, organizing messenger and transportation arrangements
* Maintaining a neat and clean lobby, reception area and conference center; including: setting up/breaking down conference room equipment, chairs and tables
* Maintaining and coordinating internal phone lists and office daily bulletin
* Performing general administrative duties as needed including invoice processing, performing reconciliations of billing information for Guest Services function, issuing parking or transport validations
* Maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, pantry, and/or conference room at all times
* Ordering and organizing catering for multiple meetings; following Event Management System (EMS) report to ensure appropriate room set up and beverages/supplies for designated event
Wed love to hear from you if you:
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and well-developed professional interpersonal skills
* Have ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm
* Display the ability to work in a team environment with a customer-service focus applying the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
* A High School Diploma or equivalent
* A minimum of one (1) year of receptionist and/or guest services attendant experience is desired
* Experience operating a multi-line call manager system; transferring calls, paging, and handling multiple calls simultaneously
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Lathams comprehensive benefit program which includes:
* Healthcare, life and disability insurance
* A generous 401k plan
* 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
* Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
* Professional Development programs
* Employee discounts
* And more
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.
Latham & Watkins is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Please to review your rights under U.S. employment laws.
Job Location San Diego, California, United States Department Operations Position Type Full-Time/Regular ** Apply**