Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Program Director.
This position is primarily responsible for sales and sector growth through the establishment or improvement of client relationships with US Army Corps of Engineers, US Army, US Navy/NAVFAC, US Air Force, US Marines, AGC, NGA, DHS, DOE, and other DOD.
This position is also responsible for working develop business opportunities and assure services are performed in a manner compatible with the goal of being an industry leader.
Business Development role - 95%
- Builds and enhances existing client relationships to identify and initiate additional project opportunities within a client base for the service line, practice area and firm.
- Identifies and builds new client relationships that match the client and project type focus and overall business strategy of the service line and practice area.
- Promotes Woolpert as an industry leader for specified market/practice and service(s) with new and existing clients.
- General geospatial technical knowledge to speak to clients about aerial and ground data acquisition, lidar, imagery, derivative products, GIS, and geo-enabled information systems.
- Responsible for growing Comm and Cyber with existing clients and identify new opportunities in that realm.
- Manage capture, bid, and proposal for opportunities across the National Security Market.
Project Management role - 5%
- Assists Project Managers in negotiation of project scope, schedule, fee, and contract terms.
- Defines and communicates client needs and expectations.
- Works with Project Managers to identify, address and resolve any project issues impacting client goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction.
- Ensures continuous stakeholder (client, client's manager, etc.) communications addressing, resolving and anticipating project issues.
Additional Functions -
- Works with sales and technical leads to refine and execute sales strategy.
- Assists in marketing initiatives.
- Makes formal presentations and/or publishes articles for professional/trade/civic organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mentally and physically capable of performing all essential duties required of the position.
- Must be able to travel to meet the needs and demands of the practice area. This position is expected to include both local and long-distance travel estimated at 20-40%.
- Must be able to make sound decisions/recommendations based on the evaluation and synthesis of information and data.
- Must demonstrate an enterprising, innovative, proactive management approach.
- Must possess high levels of demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must be able to research and define multiple project scopes, schedules and budget.
- Must be able to establish and maintain rapport with clients, vendors, management and employee.
- Must possess strong negotiation and problem-solving skill.
- Must possess excellent facilitation and/or meeting skill.
- Must possess excellent presentation and communication (oral and written) skill.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite skill.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Must have a BA/BS and 12 years related experience, MA/MS and 10 years related experience, or 16 years related experience.
- Must be familiar with Agile/Scrum.
- Must have a strong background in DoD Comm/Cyber.
- Must be directly responsible for selling approximately $5,000,000 on an annual basis.
Resulting Physical Qualifications:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate and manipulate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally reach, bend, climb and/or balance.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to travel as required.