At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to support our North American Transportation Digital Engineering Group. As a GIS Analyst, you will assist Project Managers, Engineers, and subject matter experts with tasks associated with transportation design and planning, data management, and data analysis.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in providing support for environmental planning and permitting, linear routing and siting, environmental and cultural data management, including spatial data collection, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Field Maps, and Enterprise GIS.
Critical thinking skills and experience with the latest versions of ESRI products are required, as well as the ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks, with exceptional quality in the work product.
- Provide advanced GIS support for transportation engineering projects including data management, data research and collection, editing, modeling and analysis
- Advanced proficiency leading large and complex GIS efforts using relevant applications such as ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Enterprise and SDE
- Collaborate and integrate geospatial information into digital tools for Transportation Engineering projects, including roadway design, survey, structural engineering, stormwater design, transportation planning, and environmental documentation
- Keep apprised of currently available software solutions, innovative technology, and data integration techniques and assist in developing new processes and methodologies for data analytics solutions
- Develop custom geospatial solutions for client needs in Transportation Engineering and related sub-disciplines
- Coordinate with data analytics specialists and business intelligence teams to integrate GIS solutions
- Work with our BIM designers to develop geospatial solutions that integrate intelligent BIM data within GIS models
- Develop GIS tools for web interfaces (including ArcGIS StoryMaps) and cloud-based environments
- Assist in the development of low code and no code applications related to business intelligence, primarily for transportation clients
- Interface with internal and external clients to aid in the development and refinement of custom digital tools
- Communicate geospatial data analysis results to non-technical stakeholders or clients using visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelor's in Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, or related field
- At least two years of experience in geospatial and remote sensing analysis, or strong internship experience in the field
- Advanced knowledge with latest versions of ArcGIS Pro, Enterprise, SDE database management, and ArcGIS Online
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office software including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Master's Degree, Geographic Information Systems Certificate, or GISP
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and software tools, such as Python, R scripting, or Arcade
- Familiar with the Microsoft Power Platform tools, such as Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.
- Experience in developing GIS/geospatial solutions for BIM projects related to transportation engineering is a plus
- Experience with MicroStation, OpenRoads, or similar CAD-based software
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Arcadis offers benefits for full time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision, EAP, 401K, STD, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, paid parental leave, reward & recognition program and optional benefits including adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement. We offer seven paid holidays and potentially up to two floating holidays per calendar year depending on start, and 15 days PTO that accrue per year. The salary range for this position is $52,000 - $78,000 / year.
Transform Your World