- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates. Check that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply so that restaurants are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, in order to provide service.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Participate in marketing efforts of restaurants, create menu ideas, survey competition and report food trends, and assist in preparations of specials.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and service, wines and preparation techniques. Excellent mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statements. Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen area. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)