DaysInn by Wyndham Guam Tamuning / Surestay Hotel by Best Western Guam is currently looking for customer service minded individuals looking for full-time work.
Summary: The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, collecting payment, handling mail and message service.
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Ensure proper credit and key control policies are followed.
- Knowledgeable of the immediate area, services, attractions, and local and hotel activities and events.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Attend department meetings when scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Other Department related duties as become necessary.
- Contact via telephone/walkie talkie with the other departments such as Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Management is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest satisfaction.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Overtime: OT may be available from time to time.
- Rate of Pay: commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.25 - $10.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Guam Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location