Volt is immediately hiring for Forklift Operators in Maple Grove, Minnesota
As a Forklift Operators you will:
- The main function of a forklift/heavy machine operator is to operate industrial trucks or machinery in a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location.
- Responsible for the operation of heavy machinery to safely move product load around the facility:
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Move controls to drive vehicles and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
- Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts and hoists, to load, unload, transport and stack material.
- Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids and boxes and secure materials or products for transport to designated areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Verbal communication skills, attention to detail, team player and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED preferred. Physical Requirement
- 5+ years of experience preferred but not required’
- Must have successfully completed forklift training course
- Must be familiar with completing forklift inspection check sheet
- Must be familiar with how to clean forklift with compressed air
- Must be familiar with forklift handbook
- Must know how to change LP fuel tank
- Must know load patterns on outbound loads
- Must be familiar with operation of dock locks and dock levelers
Schedule: Monday – Friday 12:00am -8:00am
Pay Rate: 19.00/Hourly
*Pay range offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors, including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc.
Qualified candidates should APPLY NOW