Imagine being part of an organization that inspires you to do your best work, that allows you to refine and expand your skillset, that prioritizes your professional growth, that embraces your ideas and generously rewards your contributions--a place where leaders are determined to foster a culture that does not burn out their exceptional team. Imagine joining Embarc Advisors.
About Embarc Advisors
Founded by a former Goldman Sachs investment banking VP and McKinsey & Co. Corporate Finance Practice Engagement Manager who was eager to disrupt the status quo, Embarc Advisors delivers the highest quality advice across M&A, capital raise, outsourced corporate development, and strategic CFO services. Our innovative mode of delivery supports clients through each stage of the company lifecycle. As we are not a transaction-fee based business, we don't have to worry about league table credits; rather our focus is on helping our clients wherever they need us ensuring their continued success.
As an accomplished group of corporate finance experts with backgrounds in investment banking, private equity, consulting, investment management and strategic finance / FP&A, we are uniquely positioned to provide 360-degree support on the full spectrum of corporate finance needs. Recently, we have successfully closed multiple merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions, executed capital raises from early-stage seed to $100M+ growth equity rounds, and supported the sustainable, profitable growth of several companies as their strategic CFO team.
Our firm doubled in size YTD and continues to grow at a brisk and intentional pace. Externally, our goal is to deliver the highest quality corporate finance expertise that was previously only accessible to Fortune 500 companies, to all types of companies. Internally, our goal is to create an environment where everyone enjoys their work and is provided with a fulfilling experience, career development, and team bonding. We are diversified across various industry sectors (from technology, consumer retail to industrial) and service lines (M&A, capital raise and CFO services). The diversified nature of our business model has proven resilient even in the current economic environment and we continue to grow profitably with no external funding.
Job Type: Full time
Position Location: Remote
As the Financial Planning and Analysis Associate at Embarc Advisors, you will be key in the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial models, reporting packages, cash flow analyses and other strategic finance initiatives supporting startups, SMBs and middle-market firms. You will spend much of your time in Excel and will dive deeply into financial data and relevant trends, in order to gain insights that will allow you to build stories for the periods under review.
While undertaking your work, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of clients, while being mentored by prior CFO's who will empower you to take on exciting challenges that expand and diversify your skillset.
If you are ready to join a high performing team that will value your contributions and help you elevate your career, apply today!
- Assists in the production of key reporting packages for client management on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with deadlines and/or statutory requirements.
- Supports the preparation of ongoing cash flow and cash management duties.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams (either within Embarc or within client departments) to drive company-wide strategic projects and process improvements.
- Assists with Top-Down and Bottom-Up forecasting and develops growth plans for specified timeframes.
- Establishes and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs), and analyzes and reports to Executives and other company leaders / investors to drive accountability for results.
- Develops client materials in support of key financial initiatives including Series B, Series C, Pre-IPO, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking to hire a financial planning and analysis enthusiast who has a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, and 2+ years of related financial experience (public and/or PE company experience is a plus!).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Superior Excel skills; can build complex spreadsheets, especially for purposes of conducting financial modeling.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, with an ability to present complex issues in a concise, clear, and actionable manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals.
- Ability to interpret the results of qualitative and quantitative analysis and develop insights and recommendations.
- Ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Mature presence, empathy, intellectual curiosity, and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain quality of execution throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to fast-paced start-up environments.
- Comfortability with a remote work environment; ability to work autonomously and collaborate virtually.
Why Join the Embarc Team?
Diverse experience is a hallmark of the Embarc experience: we work across a broad range of project types - strategic CFO advisory, capital raise, and M&A. Our clients are spread across a sundry of industries - technology, media, CPG, business services, consumer goods, industrial, PE/VC, etc.
- Dynamic environment of a fast-growing startup, giving you the opportunity to put your mark across all aspects of our organization
- High-octane experience of an advisory firm that focuses on the most important problems of our clients
- Opportunity to work with highly-skilled individuals from diverse backgrounds
- An environment where each team member can grow at their own pace and take on a variety of roles to round out their skillset
- Exposure to startup environments, at the senior management level, without the inherent risk of "putting all of your chips" on a single startup
- A turbo-charged learning environment with experience across multiple companies per year
- A tight-knit culture, focused on fostering psychological safety and taking 100% Responsibility.
- 100% remote work
- This role does NOT PROVIDE: terrible work-life balance; unpredictable disruptive personal life
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation (PLUS performance bonus)
- 401K profit share AND defined benefit pension plan
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Team building/training offsites (2-3 per year)
- Potential to sponsor H1-B Visa
- Short-term disability insurance