Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Ceco Concrete Construction! In business since 1912, we have grown into the nation's largest concrete subcontractor, with our construction professionals building more than 200 projects representing over 20 million gross square feet each and every year.
- Review project documents.
- Understand the objections of the site survey and provides horizontal and vertical control using Total Stations.
- Responsible for all layout and field engineering activities. These activities would include:
- Confirm SOR Control Closes x/y/elevations.
- Confirm Project Grid lines are coordinated.
- Confirm Datum is coordinated throughout Contract Documents.
- Establish additional Control Points/Benchmarks as needed for the project, choose building control line locations, and install control lines from control points.
- Review all in-house drawings as well as shop drawings and contract documents are coordinated.
- Review, write, and implement RFI's for uncoordinated elements and present to APM for submittal.
- Layout all formwork including Foundations, Edgeforms, Vertical, Embeds, Block-Outs, Anchor Bolts, Columns, Walls, Slabs, Beams, depressions, slopes, Barrier Cable Sleeves, Pour heights, curbs, door openings, CMU Filled cells, window templates, secondary work, and other items required by Contract.
- Perform As-Builts and report results timely.
- Train Field Employees with regard to Blueprint reading.
- Train assistant to be capable of running their own project.
- Maintain proper usage and storage of all layout equipment.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related assignments as needed.
- Working during inclement weather, could be exposed to extreme heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon project site.
- Minimum of three years of experience in field engineering/lay-out.
- Good communication skills - written, verbal, interpersonal.
- Proficient at reading and understanding contract drawing, including but not limited to both structural and architectural drawings, with the ability to cross check between the two documents as needed.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, preferred.
- Possess knowledge of construction field engineering from pre-construction to completion, preferred.
- Most projects are Miami to Palm Beach area, but occasionally out of town work will be required.
What we can offer you:
- Inclusive Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Illness insurance
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program including discounts with major vendors & products
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Competitive time off package including vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- A flexible work schedule maintaining work-life balance
- Career advancement opportunities with a stable well-established organization
- Tuition reimbursement program and access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A workspace stocked with refreshments and snacks for a mid-day pick-me-up!
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Ceco Concrete Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.