NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED. FULL TRAINING PROVIDED.
Field Gate Operators supports the intermodal trucking community by leveraging proprietary technology to perform intermodal gate transactions, maintenance, and repair at specific REMPREX-supported terminals.
Individuals in this role are highly motivated and technically skilled. Field Gate Operators must be able to process information from multiple technology platforms and make timely operating decisions based on those inputs to ensure safe, efficient, and customer oriented service.
This role reports to the Terminal Manager. Assistant Terminal Manager will oversee the role’s daily activities
Field Gate Operators perform the following duties and tasks:
· Service, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on AGS equipment and its components
· Survey, repair, and troubleshoot overall system health and performance
· Proactively report on system specifications, operations, inventory needs, and site performance
· Explain site health information and provide technical insight on system repairs to client management
· Help test new-generation AGS components and provide reliability and suitability reports to management
· Help install and commission AGS equipment on site
· Manage inventory
· Maintain a clean work environment in REMPREX vehicle, drivers assistance building, and server room.
· Accurately and efficiently process automated and manual gate transactions as needed, entering data into an office computer or handheld device for each unit as it enters or exits the intermodal terminal.
· High school diploma or GED
· Valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record (MVR)
· Attention to detail
· Strong professionalism
· Commitment to continual growth
· Strong interpersonal and mechanical skills
· Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment subject to traffic, dust, weather, and other elements
· Basic knowledge of networking hardware and software
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and office machines, including computers, printers, and multi-line telephones
· Strong ability to quickly analyze and solve problems in a stressful environment and to implement procedural changes with minimal supervision
· Flexible schedule that can adapt to extended or adjusted hours as needed
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing customer requests and requirements, seasonal variances in workload, and industry needs and requirements
· Ability to pass a background and drug test, per Class 1 Railroad and E-Railsafe protocols
· Experience working in the intermodal industry preferred
REMPREX is a 24/7/365 operation. This is a full time role working non-standard hours that may include nights, weekend, and holidays. Occasionally, the role can require travel and extended work hours, including on-call duty as needed. Salary range - $16-$17.50 .
To perform the essential functions of this job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle, feel and reach. The employee must be able to stand for periods of eight hours or more, and must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus for both day and night operation. The individual must be able to work outside in various weather conditions, such as rain, snow, and heat, for long durations of time, up to and including an entire shift.
The Field Gate Operator works primarily outdoors but may be required to work indoors as necessary. The position requires long periods of standing and working outside.
This position requires a formal application, assessment of education and experience, oral interview, and reference check. Additional job-related tests may be required. The duties listed in this job description are only examples of the various types of work that the role might be required to perform. The omission of a statement of duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and job change.