UT Tyler Health Science Center is searching for a Board-Certified Faculty Psychiatrist to join UT Health East Texas in its Pittsburg, TX, location- 55 mi from Tyler/120 mi from Dallas.
About the Position:
- 50% consults – Supervising psychiatry residents in our collaborative care service at UT Health Pittsburg and telehealth in UT Health Quitman/ UT Health Jacksonville
- 50% outpatient supervision of psychiatry residents
- Academic Leadership Role is available, but not a requirement
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
- J-1 waiver support via State Conrad 30, ARC, DRA, HHS based on location and specialty
- H-1B support
About the Hospital:
UT Health Pittsburg is a 25-bed community hospital that is a part of UT Health East Texas. The facility received the top grade for patient experience according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. In 2020, of almost 3,500 hospitals nationwide that received a star rating, UT Health Pittsburg was one of only 266 hospitals to receive the highest rating — five stars. UT Health East Texas provides care to thousands of patients each year through an extensive regional network that includes 10 hospitals, more than 50 clinics, the Olympic Plaza Tower, 13 regional rehabilitation facilities, two freestanding emergency centers, regional home health services covering 41 counties, an EMS fleet of more than 50 ambulances and four helicopters, and a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including the region's only Level 1 trauma facility.
As a partner with the University of Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positioned to provide East Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Education is an integral component at UT Health East Texas and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry. The University of Texas has also approved a medical school in Tyler, which will take its first class in 2023.
About the Community:
Pittsburg is a quaint east Texas town offering residents several opportunities to enjoy to great outdoors from Dangerfield State Park to the Rustling Leaves Nature Trail. Pittsburg is also home to a lovely local vineyard and winery- complete with tastings For those looking for larger city entertainment, Tyler is just 55 mi South and Dallas is 123 mi West of Pittsburg.