Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
- We treat each other fairly and with respect.
- We act with integrity.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- We give back to our global community.
More information at OakViewGroup.com , and follow OVG on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter , and LinkedIn .
Under general direction, performs advanced journey level and leadwork duties in the technical operation, maintenance and repair of various HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing and auxiliary systems in a union environment. Troubleshoot and diagnose a variety of complex MEP systems in a widely dispersed building.
This role will pay from $26.58 to $28.00 per hour.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
The XL Center is Connecticut’s premier destination for sports & entertainment.
The 15,000+ seat downtown arena is home to the eleventh-time National Champion UConn Women's Basketball team and the five-time National Champion UConn Men's Basketball team. Led by Hall of Fame basketball Head Coach Geno Auriemma and Dan Hurley, the Men's & Women's basketball programs have established themselves as national powerhouses.
The XL Center is also home to the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, the primary developmental affiliate of the New York Rangers.
The XL Center entertains millions of visitors annually with a variety of concerts, family shows, ice-skating spectaculars, consumer events, and trade shows throughout the season. The venue has played host to an extraordinary roster of world-renowned artists, including Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Pearl Jam, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, Drake, and many others.
The XL Center will continue to be the center of sports and entertainment for Hartford and the State of Connecticut for years to come.
- Performs emergency, corrective and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and adjustments on a variety of HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical fixtures & components.
- Regularly monitor and adjust building automation controls to achieve optimum comfort and energy savings.
- Participate in the operation, maintenance and repair of diverse facility equipment which may include commercial kitchen equipment, door/lock repair, minor painting, phone cabling, carpentry and general duties as assigned that utilize basic mechanical aptitude.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment; oils and lubricates motors, aligns pulleys, replaces air and water filters, cleans strainers, treats drains, replaces lamps, checks batteries, etc.
- Track daily activity via timesheets and CMMS. Complete and create work orders and provide written and verbal details for completed tasks.
- Perform event related duties, set-ups and coverage for functions at the XL Center as assigned.
- Clearly, effectively, and timely communicate work issues with manager. Proactively address building issues without prompting and provide sound recommendations.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Possess core strength in HVAC/R, electrical and plumbing.
- Experience with computerized building automation systems helpful.
- Possession of Universal CFC license desirable.
- CT D-2, E-2 or P-2 license preferred or substitution of technical trade school certification and experience.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office software, general computers, basic IT functions
- Experience with general property maintenance
- Ability to communicate clearly in the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have availability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Solid problem solving skills
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.