The Executive Meeting Manager is responsible for proactively prospecting facilitating and closing group and catering business opportunities as well as event execution for their assigned hotel(s). Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 1 year of experience as a Sales Manager Catering Sales Manager or Sales Coordinator.
- Experience with professional selling skills desired: opening probing supporting closing
- Experience in internet research and database mining
- Must possess developed verbal and written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks; strong organization and presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Demonstrates vertical flexibility uses an analytical approach portrays a genuine style and is strategically proactive
- Skills for problem-solving analysis effective decision-making negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers clients and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of hotel features benefits and competing hotels within the market
- Effectively attain assigned sales and revenue goals as well as solicitation call goals.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel and applicable departments.
- Follows proper event management procedures for event execution to include but not limited to BEO creation F&B forecasting resume communication and room block management
- Accurately produces and/or reviews all catering contracts and/or banquet/catering event orders
- Listens and reads the customer; identifies needs and responds accordingly
- Prospects for new business through individual creativity and innovation; identifies potential leads by using a wide variety of means/tools.
- Weighs the value of each piece of business against hotel objectives at daily RevMax meeting
- Utilizes yield management techniques by negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel’s financial performance
- Uses Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
- Understands revenue management principles analyzes trends and patterns in relation to pricing and can discuss impact on hotel occupancy revenue and flow through
- Understands sales strategies and tactics of competitor hotels; effectively capitalizes on hotel’s strengths and competitor’s weaknesses
- Looks for ways to improve processes and enhance sales systems
- Responds to all leads and RFPs within 24 hours
- Maintains accurate and timely internal hotel communication
- Conducts site inspections local sales calls and attends appropriate trade shows and client events
- Promotes hotel through personal involvement in community and business networking organizations
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.