Enhance senior executive's effectiveness by providing information management support, representing the senior executive to others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Produce information by transcribing, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Work independently and in a team environment on various projects; acts as project manager on behalf of the executive, which would include planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information and organizing department-wide events
- Conserve executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Maintain executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings; conferences, teleconferences and travel
- Represent the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Maintain customer confidence and protect organization by keeping information confidential
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participates in professional societies
- Adopt National General values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.