SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
We are stars serving stars. Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
Start with Care
Thrive as a Team
Anticipate Unspoken Needs
Resolve with Respect
Reporting to the Event Services Director, the Event Services Specialist will be charged with assisting in the coordination of large scale events, private events, internal events and filmings on the SoFi Stadium & Hollywood Park campus. This position will work closely with internal and external resources to ensure seamless development and communication of all event related details. The Event Services Specialist will also be a mentor to the part-time Event Coordinators on event days by providing professional insight, assisting with skill development and providing encouragement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently contribute to a world class guest experience at SoFi Stadium & Hollywood park that welcomes all fans, exceeds expectations and empowers our employees.
- Assist in the event coordination process for all Rams or Chargers games & events at SoFi Stadium & Hollywood Park; Planning, organizing, communicating, and executing day to day event details with internal stakeholders, subcontractors and external contacts.
- Regularly monitor the facility master calendar and update event bookings as needed.
- Assist in managing the schedule & post orders for event day employees.
- During assigned events, oversee activities and serve as acting manager on duty when applicable.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to help give direction to part time event staff including guest experience, security, housekeeping, parking and more.
- Assist in developing budget forecasts, tracking final costs, and completing event settlements.
- Manage development and distribution of the necessary event orders, production notes, summaries and fact sheets to all internal and external contacts, as well as third partner contractors and vendors.
- Complete a final report for each event, including an event debrief to document the areas of success and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist the Director of Event Services in the development and successful implementation of operating procedures that meet facility and industry best practices, as well as ensure that all codes, laws, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures are being followed.
- Participate in the process of interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Supervise part-time event day employees by assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with co-workers, tenants, facility contractors, county emergency personnel, subcontractors and all stakeholders.
- Adhere to procedures within the department set to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Provide administrative and logistics support as needed
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of our event staff training.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Hospitality, Sports Management or related field of study preferred.
- Previous experience in the event industry at stadiums, arenas, public assembly facilities, or in the hospitality/tourism industry is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Google Workspace (Sheets, Docs, Chat, Slides, Meet, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; Ability to communicate effectively and to convey instructions or information to all levels both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with professional judgment, discretion, and tact.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy & professionalism.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- A positive attitude and an ability to maintain a cheerful disposition and a smile while working hard.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a high paced and high energy environment under sometimes stressful situations
- Ability to conduct professional meetings that drive the goals and objectives of assigned events.
- Must be able to successfully traverse the various levels and areas of the Hollywood Park Campus with a strong physical condition and ability to stand, walk, climb or run for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary.