Watson Civil Construction is a heavy/highway contractor working throughout Florida specializing in large site infrastructure, underground, and road work. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is currently seeking Entry Level Civil Engineers to work near Sarasota, FL. Fall/Winter Degree Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply This opportunity will expose you to all facets of our industry with a mix of field and office work. So, if you want to learn and grow, this is the opportunity for you
- Review contract and specifications in its entirety
- Assist Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Project Engineer as required
- Assist with all schedule preparations and updates
- Assist with quantity reporting, project costs and forecasting
- Obtain pricing from subcontractors and vendors to include charge orders
- Requisition equipment and material deliveries as required
- Coordinate with subcontractors, suppliers and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
- Assist with monthly billing, cash flow projections, and change order processing
- Manage document control to include submittal schedules, contract documents, project record drawings, etc.
- Review Heavy Job daily reports for accuracy
- Prepare and maintain technical submittal list, NPDES permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, and Project Progress Schedule as required
- Comply with notice requirements such as inspections, survey staking, joint measurements with owner and/or engineer, utility locations and adjustments, testing, claims, etc.
- Issue correspondence to subcontractors and vendors when revised plan and/or specifications affects products or services
- Assist with project closeout
- Perform additional assignments per the Project Manager's direction
A bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering is required. Must be highly motivated to work in the construction field. We want leaders with strong communication skills ready to work hard and contribute to the success of the company.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is competitive
- Company vehicle or allowance
- Fuel card
- 401k with immediate 100% vested company match, health, dental, vision, disability and life are offered
- $50,000 in company paid life insurance
- Immediate eligibility for paid vacation and paid holidays
Watson Civil is an DFWP and EEO Employer. Watson Civil Construction is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender, gender expression or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-timeJob Posted by ApplicantPro