The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for envisioning, communicating, and evolving the credit union's enterprise architecture in support of the IT Master Plan and chiefly, in line with the credit union's Strategic Plan. In addition, this position interprets, uses, and applies information contained within Information Technology and IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of enterprise systems and technology. The EA addresses key enterprise aspects, such as business processes and strategies, value streams, data, and information, supporting technologies and the overall architecture for how each fit together and evolves over time in effort to fulfill the Strategic Plan. This position works with organizational leaders to understand business requirements and develop solutions to meet credit union needs. In partnership with key leaders, the EA will work to define architectural road maps, standards, and processes which align closely with IT and credit union strategy, and provide the most effective combination of business fit, strategic and innovative evolution of technology, business risk, and total cost of ownership of solutions.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
System Architecture Planning
- Evaluate enterprise business context and requirements and other EA viewpoints to spearhead collaboration in solution development and guide decisions for the enterprise
- Establish design constraints and ensure architecture conforms to requirements
- Lead and develop configuration management of architecture views and models
- Perform trade-off analyses and related proof-of-concepts
- Support the development of data models and information management products and services standards
- Ensure planned IT delivery projects and activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint, business strategy and capabilities needs, and effective total cost of ownership for the business
- Continuously research and evaluate the evolution of IT for technology opportunities in alignment with business strategy and needs
- Set future state for enterprise architecture related solutions and their capabilities including articulation through road maps of current state evolution to get to future state
- Provide consultation as a technical lead for definition, design, and engineering of critical business strategies
- Analyze business requirements, design of enterprise solutions standards and policies
- Produce architecture documentation based on current enterprise architecture standards
- Ensure architecture documentation is kept up-to-date as enterprise architecture evolves
- Communicate and reinforce credit union and IT Team enterprise architecture team goals, policies and procedures to all of IT, as appropriate
- Align with and influence teams to grow enterprise architecture skills and perspective
- Serve as an advocate of the enterprise architecture principles and direction across the organization
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure the ongoing viability of the enterprise architecture
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Our individual contributor success competencies, coupled with our CORE Values, drive our ability to fulfill our Promise of "Guiding members in the direction of their dreams".
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Member Focused: Builds strong member relationships and delivers member-centric solutions, both internally and externally.
Self-Development Focused: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Business or a related technical field, or an engineering or scientific discipline, or 10 years' work-related experience in the area of information systems relevant to the remaining required qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Extensive experience engineering and deploying infrastructure technologies: data center systems, networking, virtualization, etc.
- Deep-seated experience leading implementation and transformation for ERP ecosystems, database technologies (DB2, MSSQL, Oracle), and disaster recovery systems
- Experienced solutions architect and has evaluated architectural alternatives for private, public, and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud-based services
- Experience in business process consulting, problem definition, architecture, design, and detailing of processes
- Extensive experience with developing strategic infrastructure plans
- Lead as a subject matter expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture including AWS, Azure, networking, provisioning, and management of the aforementioned
- Demonstrated capability for systems thinking and translating business requirements into technical requirements and solutions
- Leader for cloud brokerage and governance
- Advocate and organizational leader for cloud architecture visioning in support of strategic initiative, to include internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
- Proven experience in network design and infrastructure systems
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices
- Solid grounding in core infrastructure technologies such as: VMWare, Storage platforms, Citrix, VDI, Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills and ability to identify and interpret medium and long-term industry trends and apply to current and future organizational needs
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible and maintain a positive work style.
- Excellent communication skills in the written and verbal from
To perform the essential functions of this position an employee must be able to meet the following work place demands: ability to converse with others, detect sound, identify and detect objects, count, read, write, operate a computer, handle and feel objects, reach with hands/arms and be stationary and/or stand and/or move for long periods of time. Occasionally an employee will lift/pull/push and carry up to 25 to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and be able to maintain balance doing these activities. Position requires sound reasoning, good judgement and ability to apply knowledge toward work activities. The noise level is moderate and typical of a normal office environment. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Horizon Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodation/s to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless such accommodations would cause the employer an undue hardship. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
ABOUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Job descriptions are not intended nor do they create an employment contract and are subject to change at any time to accommodate business necessity. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer where applicable. In support of Horizon CU's goals employees may perform other duties as assigned and all employees are expected to:
- Exemplify our CORE Values
- Promote teamwork and collaboration
- Provide our members with the highest quality service
At Horizon Credit Union, we believe in attracting and retaining talented team members who embody our CORE Values of Capability, Optimism, Responsibility and Empathy. Our pay values are reflected in our compensation philosophy which rewards individual performance and the potential to contribute to our teams' overall success long-term.
The full pay range for this position across all the states in which we hire is $84,583-139,561. The figures shown represent the minimum and maximum of the range for this role. Individual offers are made dependent upon a candidate's experience, education, and skill level.
Benefits, Perks, and Other Good Stuff
We know there's more to life than just a job. Our benefits are designed to help support our employees and their well-being. Take a look at what we have to offer:
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for employees & their families
Paid Group Life and Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
401K Retirement Savings
Employer 401K Retirement Contributions & Matching upon eligibility
Discretionary Annual Incentive Bonus based on eligibility criteria
Paid Time Off per Full Calendar Year
o 10 hours of PTO per month
o Paid Birthday Holiday
o 2 Paid Wellness Days
o 24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time
o 11 Paid Holidays