Job Description SummaryIn this role, you will be responsible for documenting, designing, developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems under the supervision of a lead/senior software engineer. In this role, you will perform tasks required to instantiate development and verification environments (and other software tools), define detailed design and develop and verify software for use in Jet Engine Full Authority Digital Engine Controllers (FADECS) under supervision.
The FADEC directly controls the real time functions of a physical device such as motors, alternators, engines, valves, fans, and other devices and products. This requires an understanding of the characteristics of the physical device being controlled, the real-time functions performed, and an ability to design, develop, integrate and test the logic and software required to perform the defined functionality.
You will Impact the quality of your own work and the work of others on the team, while executing standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architects, designs and/or programs/develops a small module or a large component, feature, set of feature, whole feature area or entire embedded software product. Some areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, cybersecurity, databases or applications. May be responsible for the creation of an entire product.
[Small teams will use this DAW to include all phases of design/Development cycle all the way to Release]
- Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline. May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience. Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Role is on site with some remote work ability.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in embedded software).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No