Additional InformationYouth Career Specialist, CANDIDATES MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF BALTIMORE CITY
Job CategoryRooms & Guest Services Operations
LocationWashington/Baltimore Bridges, 200 Massachusetts Avenue NW 7th Floor, Washington, District of Columbia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Bridges from School to Work is recognized by leaders in education, government, and business as a fundamental resource for helping young adults with disabilities transition from school to the competitive work place. Established by the Marriott family and operating through a service agreement with Marriott International, Bridges is in twelve major cities across the United States, serving young adults who often have barriers to employment. Bridges mission is to transform the lives of youth with disabilities through the power of a job.
The Employer Representative I (ER I) position will operate in the context of local implementation of the MFPD’s Bridges Program, framed by the state of the local labor market and socio-economic factors in the community. The ER I has primary responsibility for local implementation of the service delivery components of the MFPD’s Bridges Program.
The ER I’s primary responsibilities are:
- To meet assigned Bridges outcome goals; and
- To accurately maintain assigned records to document program activities.
Assigned Outcome Goals
The standard caseload* should reflect the following annual outcomes:
- Enroll sufficient youth to achieve placement and retention outcomes;
- Sixteen (16) Placements;
- Twelve (12) 90-Day Retentions; and
- Ten (10) 180-Day Retentions.
In order to consistently achieve these results, using the tools and processes provided in the Bridges model, ER I’s must effectively:
- Recruit and enroll an appropriate caseload of program participants;
- Assess skills, interests and experience of each young adult that may include one-on-one meetings/interviews, visits with the young person and their families in the home, group activities such as job clubs and job readiness training sessions;
- Identify challenges relative to employment objectives and create specific, practical strategies to address them;
- Develop active pool of employers that can offer jobs consistent with employment objectives of participants.
- Manage coordinated efforts that may include cold calling; active participation in business and trade organizations; cultivation of relationships that grow from local outreach activities; and an awareness of the dynamics and priorities of the local labor market.
- Assess critical success factors for specific jobs, and develop job matches that benefit both the young person and the employer.
- Re-place youth as needed to achieve retention outcomes and/or to assist youth with vocational growth; and
- Demonstrate quality placements among an array of varied businesses.
- Provide appropriate support to all involved (youth and employers) to assure employment success and vocational growth. Support may include (but is not limited to):
- Assistance with initial training and orientation to the workplace including some job coaching; o Guidance regarding modification of training materials and approaches to fit the individual’s learning style;
- Assistance with public transportation or other peripheral issues that may impact employment success;
- Appraisal and assistance with employer job accommodations; o Facilitation of regular formal appraisals of on-the-job performance; and
- Assistance in identifying and accessing necessary off-the-job supports or development opportunities (training, assistive equipment, etc.).
- Maintain participant files and ClientTrack™ records as required in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
* Outcomes for a severe/profound caseload: Ten (10) placements, Eight (8) 90-Day Retentions, and Six (6) 180-Day Retentions
Requirements For Position
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in qualifying work experience;
- Formal training and/or significant experience in at least two of the following areas:
- School-to-work transition (work with students with disabilities desirable); o Job development, employment support, or case management (work with students with disabilities desirable);
- Sales, marketing, and networking; and/or o Management or supervision of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; attention to detail essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively, specifically:
- Ability to relate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to build, facilitate and participate in collaboration between diverse groups; and
- Ability to effectively interpret and address needs of diverse constituents.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and follows through on tasks to completion;
- Ability to work well under pressure, set and adapt to continually changing workload priorities, and effectively manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision;
- Positive, can-do attitude; professional demeanor; strong customer service orientation; excellent judgment and discretion; diligence, dependability, and strong work ethic;
- Computer skills including basic to intermediate competence with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; and
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Valid driver’s license (where applicable).
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|